I have gone to the snakeoil.wtf website (great name for a website, by the way!) and looked around but didn't find what I was looking for. So here are my questions:
1) Does SnakeOil (SO) adhere/attach to the metal through heat, through attraction or some other way? (If I can understand HOW it adheres to the metal then I can come up with other uses).
2) Can SO be used in a 'cold lubricant' environment (chains on bicycles, wheel bearings on skate boards, etc) as opposed to a hot lubricant environment like combustion an engine?
3) Does the active ingredient in SO need a delivery system like oil in a car, or water in a cooling system?
4) Does Hexagonal Borate Nitride (HBN) adhere only to metal (steel) or does adhere to other materials too (i.e. ceramics, plastic or rubber)?
5) What other metals does HBN adhere to (or coat) apart from mild steel?