• Page:

TOPIC: 2007 E-450 Dually Class "A" motorhome

2007 E-450 Dually Class "A" motorhome 23 Jul 2020 09:42 #1

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Monday, just before leaving the Morro Bay CA area, I received a request to drive down to San Diego to help a client out with their motorhome. While I believe it is actually a Class "B", he says it's an "A". Who am I to question!

While this gentleman was a good man, he specifically asked no pictures be taken of him, etcetera, so obliged him. But he just sent me this in email about his experience.

To let you know, this system has a sensor on the PCV valve, so in the interest of avoiding a check engine light, I did NOT block this terribly wasteful and hateful vacuum leak. Instead, I recommended he get a vacuum cap assortment, find one that fit INSIDE the PCV hose, and insert it there. If it throws an error code, drill a hole 1/8" diameter and see what happens. If the code reappears, increase the hole by 1/8" incrementally until no code presents.

Here's what he had to say:

Hello Ron,

This is Kirk and Elizabeth Bridger.
We have successively driven our RV up to the Indigo area as planned.
The trip was safe and smooth, not to speak of the occasional parking lot in the LA rush hour traffic. lol

We have made a few improvements thanks to the groove on the throttle body U helped us with the other day.

Again Thanks Ron.

I would like to share with you, the improvements we have observed so far.

Up and down the Calf. Hills/ mountains, much more (sustainable power.) With the engine running quieter, and smoother.

Less down shifting to make it up the hills. I think with all of the long hills and mountains from San Diego to Indio, I counted only
7 or 8 times it down shifted 1 gear.
1 time down shifted 2 gears. And the only time it down shifted 3 gears was because of my error in driving.
?.
In addition, it up shifted several times going up hill. Maybe 12 or 15 times, showing its desire to show its potential for greater power and torque to the tires.

I do have to add, I installed the new valve stem extensions as I told you I would, and was able to adjust air pressure evenly at cold tire conditions.

Although 80 lbs in the rears are on the rear tires and doors, after much consideration and many other professional opinions, I topped all of them off @ 77lbs EA. on the rears, And 65 lbs for the fronts. So far I like how it rolls and I will continue monitoring closley for perfection.

More options to speed control using cruse, without racing the engine, also is very noticeable.

@ generally 53 to 55 mph, we drove a total of 200 miles on 27 gal.
( 7.4 mpg ) not bad. ?

I failed to let u know my mistake in the info I related to you regarding the previous mpg. I think I told you my best was 7.5, my mistake, my best had been 7mpg.

Note: This test on the mpg from San Diego to Indigo was completely truck motor only; we had the a.c. going the whole time as before; But no generator the whole time.

Ron, as I think about the 7.4 mpg we just got, I remember what you said to try on the p.c.v., with the cap and 1/4 in hole; so when I get back in a month, I will try to do that before driving back down to San Diego, and compare results.

Honestly, I was anticipating maybe 8 or 9, but when I add the p.c.v. change, I might get it. We'll see.

Hope you are well.

Oh, also ( THE WORD ) I GAVE YOU, WAS NOT! A MISTAKE. IT WAS NOT TAINTED. IT WAS THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, SO HELP ME GOD.
IN JESUS NAME.

BE WELL, STAY SAFE, WHERE A MASK, AND THX AGAIN.

I will let you know what the results are after the adjustment on the pcv if I can.

Regards Kirk and Elizabeth Bridger
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ron Hatton.
  • Page: