Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Project 2010 Toyota Camry

Project 2010 Toyota Camry 04 Dec 2018 21:10 #1

• George Naugle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 5
Transmission troubles, not shifting properly after it had been on the highway for 30 - 40 minutes.

I purchased this car which was supposed to have 65,000 kms on it and then when I went to Toyota found out it had 300,000 plus kms on it!!
The transmission started acting up so I took it to Toyota in the Philippines to have the transmission oil changed which made the transmission shift better but after 2 -3 weeks I noticed that the car when driven on the highway for 30 - 40 minutes would start to slip under town/city driving.
So I contacted Ron about it and he told me to drain the transmission fluid, drop the pan and let it sit over night so all the old transmission fluid drains and in the morning replace the gasket, put the pan back on and fill with oil again.
Since I have done this the transmission hasn't worked as good since I owned it, which I know will save fuel in the long run, as the transmission is not staying in lower gears and it actually shifting like normal.
Thanks Ron for your infinite wisdom, the world would be a poorer place without you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, David Seaich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Project 2010 Toyota Camry 09 Dec 2018 06:18 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Sorry, George! I've been encouraging the moderators to seek and approve posts, but it seems the request has fallen on deaf ears!

Enjoy your adventures in Gadgetman Land!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Project 2010 Toyota Camry 09 Dec 2018 19:42 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi George, and Welcome to Gadgetman Land!!

So you are in the Phillipines... You may be the first.

Wow your story on the automatic trans in the Toyota is cool. I've personally had bad luck doing that with an automatic. I kinda have a superstition about replacing the fluid in a old or high mileage auto trans. so I'm glad this worked for you. Ron really does have a lot of general knowledge re: cars.

I think I saw Scotty Kilmer on his Youtube channel, say that Toyota's have the best Asian automatic trans'es. Glad yours worked out well!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Project 2010 Toyota Camry 17 Dec 2018 06:49 #4

• Wes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 21
George, I have almost the same car as you. I have a 2009 toyota camry, 2.4L. I'm just curious to know if you've had your throttle body grooved, or if you've done any other mod, like the PCV - and how it's working out on your camry?

By the way, my 2009 camry has 370,000 miles and it's still going great.

Project 2010 Toyota Camry 09 Nov 2019 11:59 #5

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Just giving your post a bump, Wes! This was the last time you posted, a year ago, so maybe you should chat a little more on the posts you read!

Most people that read our stuff don't DARE to participate. The reasons are either shame that they're not good enough, or they are simply too blasted LAZY.

Let's not allow ourselves to EVER fall into one of those categories...

Never AGAIN!!!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Wes

• Page: