Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Acura and Honda v6 2004 and up intake manifold inside construction

Acura and Honda v6 2004 and up intake manifold inside construction 20 May 2019 13:30 #1

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
For those who have grooved later model v6 Acura or Honda, these are some pictures on how the inside looks like with variable intake runner set up. You will clearly see the hurdles that the groove has to over come before it reaches the intake valves. As a gadgetman your going to scratch your head and wonder if the groove would work. I can say it does, and MY MDX loves it. I can only dream if they (Acura) made a better groove friendly manifold. Just wanted to show some pictures for a better understanding. The bronze banana looking thing is the egr port.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Acura and Honda v6 2004 and up intake manifold inside construction 20 May 2019 13:31 #2

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
and this

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee

Acura and Honda v6 2004 and up intake manifold inside construction 10 Mar 2020 13:20 #3

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
A quick update on this thread, I went ahead and took the metal plates that adjust the air flow throughout rpm and load. I have the groove on my 07 MDX and so far with the plates off the engine seems to react ok and I like it because I don' have to adjust my pedal angle to avoid the transitions from the intake manifold. I will keep the thread posted on how the mpgs and performance. Thanks for looking and keep groovin!
The following user(s) said Thank You: neil

Acura and Honda v6 2004 and up intake manifold inside construction 14 Mar 2020 21:26 #4

• neil
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Claudio,I was very interested in your thread. I know a guy who played with a 6cyl motor on a dyno and claimed that there was no noticeable difference when he manually operated the low speed/high speed intake manifold internal baffle diversion plate. I am not surprised either way, seems to make sense that it does help, also makes sense that removing it makes no terrible difference. I do know of several motors where very noticeable power was gained by manufacturers using long runners cast into the manifold (pretty sure it is more than 10 HP), I am not so confident of success with a manifold being able to deliver both using a diverter plate. I think the idea is long runners for lower rpm and then switch to short length runners for high rpm. I guess most of us dont use high rpm very much and perhaps the high rpm success is only so manufacturers can label, and sell the vehicle as having higher output (max power is always measured at max revs). I also wonder if the groove likes short runs so that the vacuum gets to the cylinder faster??
In any case if you dont mind the baffle being removed then its a win and less stuff to mess up the groove. I have a manifold the same as mine that I have not opened up yet. Maybe I will take a peak and follow your lead. Think Im doing EFIE first tho...
Kind regards, Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Acura and Honda v6 2004 and up intake manifold inside construction 27 Mar 2020 00:00 #5

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
Hey Neil! The first thing I noticed was that during acceleration of rpm and vechicle speed that there was only the power feeling of the vtech engagement
. Before, the power was felt in stages, not smooth like now. It's a constant pull during acceleration and after shifts. It's also easier to play with throttle position without worrying about the crossover points from the runner adjustments. I will keep driving and update the mpg improvements or decreases. Keep grooving everyone! And be safe!

Last edit: by CLAUDIO CORDOVA.
  • Page: