Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 21 Oct 2019 11:59 #13

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Michael,

These error codes concern me. Not that it has anything to do with The Groove or the Snake Oil, but rather with your electrical system. On THIS, you had BETTER be calling me soon! (don't make me send Loreta to come see you!)

And on the "Below Efficiency" you are 100% correct about the fuel being consumed inside the engine which is what we THOUGHT was happening to our dismay.

But you don't need to replace anything. Just insulate your exhaust pipe from the cat all the way to the engine as best you can. That will take care of it, as it has every time it has occurred before.

I would know. It happened to me on an 02 Expedition.

CALL ME!!! Then, report on it in this thread.

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 21 Oct 2019 13:54 #14

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Just a couple of thoughts/gentle suggestions for consideration/discussion:

Knock sensor codes - have you considered using a higher octane fuel? With an increase in efficiency like the one you’ve seen, the increased price is more than offset. Further, the engine is likely still shedding carbon deposits, so a bit of help eliminating detonation couldn’t hurt.
Lean codes - this is exactly what an EFIE was made to offset, by making the computer THINK it’s running rich. (What if you can achieve another 20-30% gain in mileage, or more?)
Who knows how far you can take this car?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Preston

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 21 Oct 2019 18:21 #15

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Congrats on this one, Michael!!:woohoo:

This simply proves the effectiveness of Grooving, Snake Oil etc.

Another way to look at results like this is: you have greatly reduced Parasitic Losses. Results like this make us all Proud of both you and Ron, of course.

People have toiled away for Years with many kinds of mods to cars/engines, and failed to achieve results like this. Heck, many would boast of just a 10% gain in MPG.

But now, you, Michael, have entered the Promised Land of Fuel Efficiency.

Feels good, doesn't it?!:cheer: :evil:

HOORAAAYY!!!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 23 Oct 2019 18:20 #16

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 70
Michael,
Congrats again on your phenominal mileage increase, I only wish this would be replecated to all vehicles here.
Wondering when you installed that free flow filter. If it was right before the mileage increase am wondering if the increased oxygen content had much to do with the mileage increase. Atomizing fuel better would decrease consumption but the ECU the devils forced on us would eventually figure out your efforts and readjust.
Heard other stories similar and then the ECU kicked in to thwart the success. Had this happen to me also with another system where I was getting over 45mpg from around 25mpg and the ECU slammed on the brakes on my rig.
Know of one guy who had a pre OBDII rig(95 Ford Probe) and he was getting up to 86mpg and the ECU didn't ruin his success since he had a double wire 02 sensor and the old ECU rig. The newer versions have been made smarter so guys like us have a much harder time fooling the system.
Keep us informed on your MPG on your car..

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 23 Oct 2019 23:33 #17

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
Thankyou to everyone who took the time to reply!
Encouragement is key to success!

Kman, the results were soon after i installed the high flow air filter. I continued having to clear a "lean condition bank 1" code, until just recently after sealing a crack in my exhaust manifold, it hasn't showed up again. The mileage still seems to be the same!

And WOW great results from your rig! What did you do to it? I'd like to replocate whatever you did for my 09' ram 5.7L. This pickup has been the most stubborn for mileage increases out of the 4 vehicles i own.
I'm thinking an EFIE will help.
Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 24 Oct 2019 00:14 #18

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Michael,
Good to hear you are still having high mileage with your drive. Hoping the ECU doesn't win the battle.
My rig only had temporary results seeing the ECU learned my efforts and the quality of materials here in the US seemed
to be different than those in other countries. Case in point is I tried purchasing nano Boric acid about 2 years ago and found that
the only procurers are overseas and its about 6 bucks a pound if I order 200 pounds and that does not include shipping.
The other problem is the gas here in the US has a different formulation that that overseas so breaking the hydrogen and carbon
molecules apart seemed to be tougher nut to crack. Had some success after weeks of trying new rigs(think I tried about a dozen different styles) and only had limited success. As I posted in old posts, my drive sometimes drove itself when this rig worked and I had to take my foot off the gas. Felt like I was going downhill as the truck just took off. My Scangauge went from a normal 25mpg to over 45mpg in an instant but these episodes only lasted for about 15 seconds. My thoughts is that the gas here needs to be heated hotter than the gas overseas to break the carbon/hydrogen bonds and its extremely difficult to get those temps outside the engines own heat.
Dont try to mess with with what I tried unless you can figure out an easy way to get higher temps that what your engine surface produces. Bruce McBurney had a rig that did what I tried but his was a complex device that produced those needed temps.
If you are keeping those readings of over 50mpg without an EFIE then be very happy.
You will probably have others copying every move/effort you made.:cheer: :

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 24 Oct 2019 11:11 #19

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
kman - I've seen Gashole, and I've corrected the video link in my post. The audio is quite low, so you may have to turn up your volume. Watch the film when you get the chance...YouTube renting it to you is like the old days of DVD and VHS rental prices...
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: kman

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 24 Oct 2019 11:55 #20

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
Thanks for your help as always Ron!
I've edited the first post, and yes 66mpg across the board, 60mpg average, and 74.5mpg cruising at 60mph flat road as this graph shows
Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Wes, kman, Preston

2006 Saturn 2.2L Gets the Full Treatment: Groove and Snake Oil 24 Oct 2019 12:02 #21

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Greg,
Didn't see the movie(seems most movies are meant to instill a globalist message) but know the character from short clips I have seen in the past on Youtube. Will see if a friend has access to on demand and if they will agree to see it with me.
I got rid of my cable service for TV a few years ago seeing the majority of what is on today is junk or propaganda in my eyes.
Dont want to pay for the sex, violence, indoctrination and lies it seems is all the TV gives us these days.
Guess Q, like V, is now the phenom for those who are looking for an undercover hero to destroy the globalist establishment.
Amazing how many are following Q, even in the resistance riots in France.
Seeing what is going on with Brexit and how the Parliament seems to have many on the side of the globalists to keep Britain in the EU instead of the peoples wish to exit, this movie would seem relevant for today.
But getting back to subject, would love to see what Michael's ride will do after the Groove.
If he is having so much success without the ECU thwarting the gains, the Groove should be the icing on the cake.

Last edit: by kman.
  • Page: