Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about anything here related to Groove installation and enhancements.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vacuum

Vacuum 18 Jun 2020 14:39 #1

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
If you're a newcomer and have been lurking and poking around and have wondered why the repetition over making sure your vacuum is as deep as it can get, have I got a treat for you!
I've posted videos from this YouTube channel before, and here's a few that I'm hoping will open a discussion about how we might apply this to modern cars:

Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vacuum 18 Jun 2020 14:42 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
But wait, there's more!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Vacuum 18 Jun 2020 14:44 #3

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Uncle Tony's not done with us yet, folks!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Vacuum 18 Jun 2020 14:49 #4

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
so a vacuum advance decision based off a ported reading rather than of the manifold vacuum is what this oldschool greasemonkey advocates for.
If our cars are equipped with a MAP sensor, is it fruitless to try to change what the factory has done, or is there a way for us to apply it for the same efficiency results?
opinions?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Vacuum 18 Jun 2020 15:00 #5

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Upon careful examination of a few hundred various vehicles equipped with a MAP, I have found over 80% of these senspors are placed in locations where the pressure presented is on the HIGH side, rather than the LOW side.

Many are located directly in the middle of the intake air flow, just inside the intake manifold.

I posted drawings and such about moving the MAP for better results. You guys are posting inquiries on subjects that are already being covered.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEARN TO RESEARCH!!! ESPECIALLY HERE, AND BEFORE YOU POST COMMENTARY ON A SUBJECT!

Just hit the Search tab at top and enter MAP and see what happens.

Come on, guys.... You're making more work for me and at a time when I can barely walk. Stand up and start taking care of yourselves.
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Vacuum 19 Jun 2020 10:32 #6

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Hmmm. Maybe you might consider, Ron, that people come here seeking and not knowing WHAT to search for, or they may use different verbiage or vocabulary than you might use or prefer.
I'm going to choose to assume the founder of this forum isn't operating under the assumption that new people don't come here seeking knowledge, that the groove family is as big as it's ever going to get, that people's collective knowledge and understanding is fixed, and that every contribution here is meant to set conversation back a decade or so.

Please also consider that not everyone learns in the same way, Ron, and that my posts may clarify and enlighten in new ways for people who may have been struggling. Uncle Tony's videos -or me posting them- don't contradict what we're trying to accomplish from where I sit. He was talking about vacuum, ignition timing, performance and fuel efficiency in those videos - all pertinent and on point with the foundational basics of what this place is all about.

If you take exception to what I've posted, Ron, you have the ability to take it down or contact me privately about editing it. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding - am I, personally, the annoyance you want to disappear? To stop posting here on the forum, Ron?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

• Page: