Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.

TOPIC: Howdy from Texas

New Members Check In Here! 04 Jan 2019 22:46 #13

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Luke, welcome to Gadgetman Land! Thank you for your Army service. With a backround like yours, I'm sure you will discover a LOT of amazing things here. We all look forward to hearing here of your experiences with the Groove, and all else we do. I've always advised newbies, to try to get ahold of a spare throttle body (TB) to practice the Groove with. Though it takes awhile to get the feel for (like me) it DOES work well!

Welcome!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc C Michelich, Michael Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New Members Check In Here! 04 Jan 2019 23:38 #14

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Loreta, here is a youtube video for you. I am guessing that you have not yet had training on how gasoline engines run. This is a good animated video, it shows a 4 cylinder engine built up from parts.
Then it shows the engine running, where you can see the 4 strokes of the pistons. The air/fuel mix enters, is compressed, burned, and exhausted. I encourage you to use Youtube as a learning tool. Search for other videos on Youtube that explain how the 4 stroke (4 cycle is another name for it) engine works. I hope this helps!

Tracy G

Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, Luke Triviz, Jette

New Members Check In Here! 05 Jan 2019 11:17 #15

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Old, new member. It's been a long time since I did a groove, but as the Big Three, Plus, try to improve MPG and Emissions via engine design, I thought it time to keep it simple and get back into the "groove" saddle. I have a lot to catch up on, much to learn.

Anyone else in Michigan? Let me know!

By the way, moved to Alanson, from Pellston.
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Michael Lee, Jette

Last edit: by Scott Castleberg.

New Members Check In Here! 06 Jan 2019 21:57 #16

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Wow, hi Scott! Folks, Scott is an old hand in Gadgetman Land. Nice to see someone from the Old Guard back again!:cheer:

Been too long, Scott. Welcome back, buddy!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott Castleberg

New Members Check In Here! 06 Jan 2019 22:08 #17

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Loreta, here's another training video for you. I'll upload this into the Service Bulletins folder as well.

This one is real Old School stuff, from 1967. This is Chrysler Dealer Technician training. It's actually a mix of still shots and still cartoon-style graphics. The sound was originally on vinyl record, and the "video" was film. I like it 'cause I've owned several Chrysler cars in years past. It's nostalgic, but it has good explanation of engine basics. Remember, this is from the days of point distributor ignitions and carburetors. All the basic principles covered here are still true.

Many of us older folks cut our teeth on this kind of information. Enjoy a blast from over 50 years ago!

Tracy G

Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, Jette

New Members Check In Here! 07 Jan 2019 12:03 #18

• Kim
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 30
Finally I am back. Was with lots and endless non related Gadget man stuff distracted. -More like survival.
Slowly I am getting back on track. My internet connection is still poor and unstable, not much hope for improvement here, but I try to get asap up-dated and active. Lots of new posts here! Lots to read.
Thank you for not giving up on me!!!!!!
Happy new Year and lots of success to all of you.
Greetings from snow covered Austria
Kim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

Last edit: by Kim.

New Members Check In Here! 12 Jan 2019 01:39 #19

• Van Velasco
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi, my name is Van and I’m grooving in Hawaii. I purchased the licensing kit and training after seeing Ron’s interview on Sarah Westall late last year. I was impressed with the honesty and logic of Ron’s presentation. I wanted to try it because my career has been mostly in the maintenance and engineering side of the aviation industry. My specialty was in aircraft engines and I always knew and was basically taught that the engines were 33-38% efficient. Lots of waste. I always worked on my own cars and did things to improve performance and reliability, so I understand what works and basically how they worked. The groove is impressive and a paradigm shift in the way engines processes fuel into energy. I did two cars and two mopeds. The cars are fuel injected with one being an older 1990 OBD I type of computer and the other a 2010 OBD II computer. After the groove and PVC mods, the performance was immediately noticeable – especially driving up in the hills. I also did two mopeds where one is a fuel injected type and the other a carburetor. Again, there was immediate performance increase. It’s been about 2 months since I did the modifications and I did not notice any big improvement in the MPG of the fuel injected engines but a huge 55% increase in the carbureted moped engine. In fact, I jetted it down and the performance is still good, and I expect a little better MPG. I feel there is not much change in the fuel injected engines because the fuel trim data is still averaging out in the computers. Where I live there aren’t places to open it up to affect the fuel trims as I would like to, plus I don’t drive it much since I’m retired and the traffic here is what I try to avoid most of the time. I do like the performance, especially on my 1990 Toyota pickup – like driving a peppy new truck. One of my goals is to present the groove to students and the new generation of engineering students. I want them to figure it out and explain how and why it works. Being in the aviation industry, I realized some time ago that planned obsolescence and built in inefficiency was how they keep the money flowing. Maybe I can get the new kids to have a paradigm shift in how we use energy and technology in the future. I don’t do social media and I’m new at participating in forums, but I’ll try to participate more in this to gain more knowledge and share what I can.
Aloha!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, LORETA SIDELNYK, Preston

New Members Check In Here! 13 Jan 2019 15:44 #20

• oded mansura
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello Friends
I am happy to be here .Just found about Ron Hatton and realized that there is so much to this.
I am ready to learn new things when they can impact for the better the planet and our fellow man.
I have no background in mechanicks .
I live in Israel and hope to spread the message around.
My first task is to find a used TB and experiment on it after I begin to understand what is required.
Thanks us all
Oded
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

New Members Check In Here! 14 Jan 2019 06:32 #21

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Welcome back, Kim!

Life does present challenges from time to time. And it is these challenges we should be most grateful for. For it is at these times we learn to be grateful.

Look out for a message to all site members today, as you all need to be informed of the challenges I have been facing over the last two weeks.

Now, get Groovy!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: oded mansura

New Members Check In Here! 14 Jan 2019 06:47 #22

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
It is a true honor and joy to see yet another Gadgetman join the family! Add to that you're in Israel, given the degree of challenges your nation faces, you are welcomed as a brother.

Remember, it is NOT about setting any land speed records! It's ONLY about placing the engine under a load. This happens on acceleration, and NOT about high speed cruising.

Want better mileage AND more power still?

Jack Rabbit starts ... Drive it like you stole it! Like you did when you first started driving.

Once you've started doing that, come back and start a thread about it so you can share with all the world how effective this is.

Nobody believes until they do! So, everyone should share their experiences so I can get some back-up!

Welcome again my brother.

You're home.

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, oded mansura

New Members Check In Here! 14 Jan 2019 11:32 #23

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Van - Welcome, sir! I'm particularly interested in speaking with you about aviation. It's of particular interest to me if you believe the groove would be as effective on carbureted models of aviation powerplants as it is in automotive ones.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

New Members Check In Here! 14 Jan 2019 20:35 #24

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hi again Kim, long time, buddy! Glad to see you back with us. As you can see, there's a lot more going on nowadays. I hope things go well and better for you in Austria, Kim!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV