Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.

TOPIC: Howdy from Texas

New Members Check In Here! 03 Jan 2020 11:41 #61

• cj donaldson
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 20
Hello Gary, nice to see the team continue to grow.
Wholeness and balanced vibrations to you brother. This is such an exciting potential for so many people to benefit from.
Cj
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Tracy Gallaway, Jette

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New Members Check In Here! 04 Jan 2020 23:49 #62

• Karson Branham
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello, I R ready to begin modifications soon! Going to study up first so I can get it right the first time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Tracy Gallaway, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Jette

New Members Check In Here! 06 Jan 2020 08:21 #63

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Welcome aboard, Karson!

It is so nice to see you here, and to welcome yet another distant brother home.

Be sure to say "Thank you!" and reply to the forum posts you find interesting. This is important so you get the updates on new posts.

Give Karma to the people that post something of benefit, and invite the "power players" into your inner circle by contacting you. And you will find these guys (most of them pretty weird in their own way!) quickly bonding with you like no one else ever has, for all of us (that means YOU!) are dedicated to making this planet a better place for all.

I look very much forward to seeing your offerings!!!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Jette

|New Members Check In Here! 07 Jan 2020 15:36 #64

• Ralph Moseley
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Everyone: My name is Ralph and it is an honor to be part of the Gadgetman Family.

I am a retired Union IronWorker who always had a passion for cars and performance.
I never really thought about retirement so I'm not to prepared for it and would like to supplement my income and do something I'm passionate about and the service I would be offering to car owners and the enviornment would truly be a blessing.

Thank you Ron for everything you so generously offer.

Sincerely,
Ralph Moseley Jr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Jette

Last edit: by Ron Hatton.

|New Members Check In Here! 07 Jan 2020 15:58 #65

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Ralph and Karson, Welcome to GadgetmanLand! ( I wonder now what kind of sign or huge statue would be at the entrance gate...?)

If you have a Personal License kit, study well and often the materials therein. Keep referring back to them, as well as here in the forum. Please take and post pics in the forum along w/ Q/A and comments. The study materials in the PL Kit and the info in the archives in this forum are a graduate-level course in engine and fuel efficiency.

If I'm wrong, I apologize, but if you guys haven't yet obtained the PL Kit, Ron still has a few.

I and other Members here are ready to help answer questions and give advice. Again, take pics of your work as you go. They are valuable for you and all here to learn from!

(and now the famous Gadgetman Chant)

Gadgetman Gadgetman Yo Yo Yo !!:silly: :cheer:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

|New Members Check In Here! 07 Jan 2020 16:08 #66

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
It is going to be a real pleasure watching you advance, Ralph!

And to you, Karson, you are going to be nothing short of AMAZING! And the more you build your friendships with the other guys here, the more you help them with THEIR troubles, the more they will see you as equals. In the process, you will become friends.

Trust me in that, because those with less "pure" intent don't last long! And from those that stayed, you can trust them all intimately.

God bless you both, and here's a great big celebration for the time two distant brothers came HOME!!!

Ron Hatton

The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Jette

|New Members Check In Here! 08 Jan 2020 03:29 #67

• cj donaldson
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 20
Welcome aboard Ralph and karson I’m sure you will get plenty of nourishment from these wonderful forums.

New Members Check In Here! 08 Jan 2020 05:40 #68

• Jette
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 6
[2002 Honda Odyssey EX-L 3.5 V6]
Greetings Everyone, I am Jake.

I am so humbled to be in such a great family like this. My background is very diverse, from Designing & Drafting, to Building & Tooling, and finally, Training & Development. I've worked in the automotive industry most of my life for tier 1 & 2 suppliers for 15 years, and then as an instructor of CAD for high school juniors and seniors at a vocational/technical school. for 7 years. I then returned to automotive as the engineering trainer at Subaru for a few years and then went to Toyota's Technical Design Center to train their design engineers [if only I had known about the groove then..,] and now consider myself retired from corporate America, and am developing my own eLearning website called eLearnGeek.com, which will be online Q1-2020.

I have actually been studying law [contracts and trust law] for the past 8 years, and found out about the Groove from one of my colleagues' website just a couple months ago. It made so damn much sense that I jumped on ordering THAT NIGHT!
My TB came in on December 11, the coldest evening so far, and I didn't care! I was putting that thing in my van TONIGHT!

I put in the TB, modified the plugs, and PCV valve, and tightened down all the vacuum lines [added clamps to those without]. Reconnected the battery cable, and fired up the Odyssey, let it warm up, and followed the instructions. Then all of a sudden the van started surging, from 900 to 1500 rpm. What the heck?! I did the exhaust pipe test, and it sucked a kleenex right into the tailpipe and then spit it out black as tar. Wow, I thought to myself, my exhaust valves must be REALLY gunked up! So I poured an entire can of Berryman's B12 into the crankcase, and let it idle for about 30 minutes, then shut it off, and went in for the night, letting it really settle and soak overnight.

Got up the next morning and started the van, and in 15 minutes, that thing was surging again! :angry: I did a little digging, and found out that Hondas have a fairly nasty rep for having bad ICM's. I pulled the ICM off my old TB and took it apart to see how it worked, and cleaned it up. Then I pulled out the Groovy TB and did the same - Sure enough - that little sucker was stuck shut, which if I understand correctly, since it wasn't opening, the ECM was raising the rpm's to keep from stalling. I put my old ICM on the Groovy TB, put it back together, and VOILA! Then changed the oil [5W20 - Full Synthetic[ and filter, and added the S.O.

Later that night, my wife and I were returning home from the grocery store in our 'grocery getter van'. and at the last stoplight, 2 lanes, I was the first car, and then this little sportster pulled up beside us, and was revving his engine, one foot on the brake and one on the gas. I thought to myself, "What the heck, let's drive this like we stole it!" When the light changed, I STOMPED on the gas, and what happened next I'll never forget - the Honda spun its wheels and started skipping to regain traction [on dry concrete pavement] and left that little thing in its dust!!!

For those of you who are not familiar with the Odyssey's, 4 or 6 cylinder, are VERY front heavy. Even brand new it will not turn its tires over like that.

So we are still tuning ours as we are getting about 19-20 mpg, which is a little lower than when we started. and will keep posting in the different topic areas to see what we can do. Look forward to the PL kit coming in the next few days and getting this Groove on all over the world!

Ron and Michael, thanks so much for all you've done so far!

Jake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Tracy Gallaway, Johnathan, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

New Members Check In Here! 15 Jan 2020 12:53 #69

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
And a GREAAT BIG "Welcome Home to you, Jake! You are going to make a LOT of friends here, as there are currently over 400 people here, all believing as YOU believe: that to make this planet a better place, WE are the ones that have to do it!

Welcome Home!!
Ron Hatton

The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

New Members Check In Here! 16 Jan 2020 23:08 #70

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Jake, I loved your story of your '02 Honda Odyssey! What you describe re:surging idle RPM's is important to take note of.

Everyone, be Aware of what a dirty grungy Idle air control valve can cause. There are reports out there of the OTHER symptom of this: un-controlled sudden high engine RPM's! Denis Lee spoke of this happening to him way back during the old HAFC program in 2007. Sitting at a stoplight, his engine suddenly revve'd as if he had floored it- a dirty IAC valve stuck wide open, causing RPM's to go to the moon!

IF you ever have a TB in your hands w/ an idle control valve on it, CLEAN IT!! IF it's mounted separate from the TB, pull and check/clean as necessary once in awhile. It's Important!!:evil:

Welcome Aboard, Jake, I'm very glad to see you here! If you have any special knowledge about Subaru's, I'd love to see it. I have the impression that Subaru keeps much of it's technical or design info or philosophy close to the vest.

I especially wonder about any differences in Subaru emissions/engine management between Federal and California spec cars. We believe that California emission spec cars are difficult to get gains in MPG's on. There are differences in exhaust system and engine sensors between Federal and Calif. spec cars.

Anyhow, again, Jake, Welcome to Gadgetman Land!!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

New Members Check In Here! 17 Jan 2020 10:29 #71

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
Whats up Jake! Welcome to gadgetman land. I wanted to give you a heads up that I work at a Acura Dealership and I have access to Honda pictures also. If you need any diagrams or pictures of vacuum line let me know. I hope to see your groves soon!

New Members Check In Here! 27 Jan 2020 04:09 #72

• Vladimir
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
Just joined this forum and saw new-member-topic, so I'm here :)
Hello from Russia.
May be it is strange but my interest in fuel vapors guide me in here. Another interesting thing I've found. Plan to begin from heated fuel, then add soft edge drossel shutter, and finally groove throttle body. Experimental car is Nissan Bluebird, 1.8l (please don't smile that it has so small engine :). Every motor can have better mileage and lower emissions ), TBI, 4 cilinders and 8 spark plugs.
p.s.: sorry for my English.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, CLAUDIO CORDOVA