Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Welcome to the Groovy Forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and will work to help you achieve your fuel efficiency goals.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Clint from Iowa

Clint from Iowa 13 May 2020 13:19 #1

• Clinton Beneke
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello all, I've been working on cars since I helped my dad replace the transmission in our '70 dodge pickup at the age of 8. been greasy ever since. I love the feeling of having a problem, or not, troubleshooting and after some hard work, blood and sweat it starts back up and runs again. Along with my other hobbies of, carpentry, woodworking and concrete, I am a full-time employee of the Air National guard. That and the family keep me pretty busy but I find time for my hobbies, one way to spend time with the kids.

I'm getting a 98 Ford f-150 from my grandma and I no they're not the best on mileage, so I started looking into what I could do to it. That's when I came across videos on the gadgetman groove and did a lot of research and watched 90% of Gadgetman videos. so I saved up some money and bought the personal license kit, I figured with my experience I could do this and use my new skill to not only help me but friends family and others too. II really appreciate that there is a forum to look for help and provide it this will be very helpful.

I'm here to grow my knowledge and skill, along with provide any insight from what I have learned. Hopefully I can be as helpful to you as I know you will to me. thank you, I look forward to working with everyone throughout the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Clint from Iowa 22 May 2020 01:56 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Clinton, Welcome to Gadgetman Land! You are most welcome here. With your general backround, you should do just fine with the Groove and the related things. Study the materials in your PL Kit, you will find that info useful for reference as you move along.

Use this Forum as a sounding board, ask Q/A if unsure of something, then as you get proficient, you can in turn help others in here too.

One of the things I did when I was new was obtaining a cheap used TB to practice on before I went on to Grooving on a vehicle. But, that was me! But also, don't worry, any Groove mistakes are fixable w/ JB epoxy.

Glad to see ya in here, Clinton! Welcome!:cheer:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Clint from Iowa 22 May 2020 09:17 #3

• Clinton Beneke
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you. that's a good idea and one I have thought about doing my self I have a few cars i need to do for myself but I did think about getting a replacement throttle body for one to try it on first.

• Page: