Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Over the Road applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2004 ACURA RSX 70MM SKUNK2 PERFORMANCE SERIES THROTTLE BODY

2004 ACURA RSX 70MM SKUNK2 PERFORMANCE SERIES THROTTLE BODY 02 May 2019 15:47 #1

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
Hello everyone! I just grooved my first aftermarket TB and wanted to show you the before and after pictures. This Acura is owned by one of my friends that does some drag racing and is open minded by thinking outside the box. So I explained the groove tech, and he opted me to try it on his brand new TB. I jumped on this opportunity because this vehicle is also a daily driven supercharged sports car. For now all I have done is cut the groove. This guy is super busy and travels all over but in a about 2 weeks we are going to install it and see what happens. I will keep the thread going as soon as I get more information. If there's any gadgetmen who has grooved Hondas or Acuras please keep up on the updates please.That info really helps us all. Keep on groovin!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee, Preston

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2004 ACURA RSX 70MM SKUNK2 PERFORMANCE SERIES THROTTLE BODY 03 May 2019 11:48 #2

• Andrew Leyva
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 104
Wow! I am super interested in this mod! I was gong to ask if any one has grooved a high performance TB, if it would make a difference and the groove on a supercharged car. I'm keeping an eye on this one!

Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

2004 ACURA RSX 70MM SKUNK2 PERFORMANCE SERIES THROTTLE BODY 03 May 2019 20:38 #3

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
Im very interested too thanks Claudio!
Andrew, our 2007 Ford Focus 2.0L had a plastic throttle body that warped due to a bad design! They are known for this issue, so we went with a 67mm cfm billet throttle.

https://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/CFM-67mm-Billet-Throttle-Body-for-03-07-2-0-2-3L-Dura We grooved it and WOW! The front lifted up on takeoff like a jet boat. From 33-48mpgs with the swirl flaps STILL in the intake manifold! This was over a year ago, and mileage is still gaining. We saw 52mpgs last week cruising at 55mph. This technology is simply AMAZING. So glad to be a part of the family. Proud of you Claudio for jumping on that opportunity. Keep us updated.[img ]

We grooved it and WOW! The front lifted up on takeoff like a jet boat. From 33-48mpgs with the swirl flaps STILL in the intake manifold! This was over a year ago, and mileage is still gaining. We saw 52mpgs last week cruising at 55mph. This technology is simply AMAZING. So glad to be a part of the family. Proud of you Claudio for jumping on that opportunity. Keep us updated.
Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by Michael Lee.

2004 ACURA RSX 70MM SKUNK2 PERFORMANCE SERIES THROTTLE BODY 03 May 2019 20:55 #4

• Andrew Leyva
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 104
Excellent! This is what I like to hear!

Just traded in my '04 Mitsubishi Endeavor (with modest, but noticeable gains via the Groove) for a new(used) 2018 GMC Sierra 1500. I'm stepping it up gradually to the groove and doing my best to document improvements, gains, problems and successes along the way (I want to see what effect each modification has outside of the Groove itself). Step one was to get it to simply breath better..... I'm just about to post all that I'm doing, thus far. I'll start a thread, shortly. One of my questions was going to be about an after market TB. This is exciting!

2004 ACURA RSX 70MM SKUNK2 PERFORMANCE SERIES THROTTLE BODY 04 May 2019 15:23 #5

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
RIGHT ON FELLAS! Michael, it seems like everything you touch kicks butt. Keep that going because everyone benefits from your work! Andrew, This will be my second modified car that I have done with the groove (look up the "mazda protege" that i grooved) and I am sure this one is going to be epic. I will take pictures of the rsx and the goodies. I hope that i will capture the best test drive response after we install the tb. I have some Holy moly stuff in the works also but time is what everyone needs at the moment. Hint: Newer skyline gtr, 9 second turbo jeep srt8 owned by the same close friend. These are gentleman that will help me crossover to their realms with their club friends. Planting the groove seed and watching it grow to something awesome. I will get all info,post, video, and share as soon as I can. Thank you Michael for the motivation bro! Thank you gadgetman family!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Leyva

2004 ACURA RSX 70MM SKUNK2 PERFORMANCE SERIES THROTTLE BODY 19 Feb 2020 13:35 #6

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
Quick update; My friend finally put the grooved TB on and he is so impressed on the throttle response. He also mentioned that his tuner for his set up had made his trims rich so his engine would be ok at 10 lb of boost. Now he said that the exhaust smell has gone away and feels the power through the power band. We will see how much of an improvement of power at the next track day he goes too. Thanks for following!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

2004 ACURA RSX 70MM SKUNK2 PERFORMANCE SERIES THROTTLE BODY 03 Oct 2020 00:57 #7

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
Just a quick update, this friend is ecstatic with the groove and now running methanol and is upgrading to a twin disc clutch and going to let me know when he goes to the track to video his his time slips. I am excited but I do have to be patient because he told me he's so buried with work that he barely gets to drive his toy. I will update asap.

• Page: