Username: Password:
Over the Road applications

TOPIC: Mini update

Mini update 24 Mar 2020 17:24 #13

• Vernon
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 16
Well I did that. It did help a good bit. I borrowed my brothers compression gauge earlier since mine is the standard size. So I don’t have it right now. But its definitely better. I distributed the whole thing among the cylinders with the most in the worst one. I think what I’ll do is run a BG cleaner through the oil again and change it. Then put my last tube in the oil. Come to think of it, I kinda think there was a slight bit of sparklys in the oil last time I had the valve cover off. The first time I changed the oil I put only 1k miles on it and it looked like (no joke) 10k miles it was so bad! Right now its at 200 and it looks dark already. Probably all the blowby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mini update 24 Mar 2020 18:53 #14

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I hope I catch you before you change the oil, Vernon

It's not an instantaneous process, the building of a coating - it takes time and heat cycles. and you've a healthy dose of what can help your engine in there right now that I wouldn't want to waste, or stop before it does as much as it can. incrementally, it will do what it does, and you may notice slight changes over time, or not, and then you'll change the oil and check compression again and -hopefully- be at least pleased and gratified, if not outright impressed.

Drive the machine, gently, and let the snake oil do it's work as you do for the next few weeks. forget about the flecks for now, or flushing the engine/changing the oil (it sounds like it's fairly fresh). let magic happen.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Mini update 24 Mar 2020 19:17 #15

• Vernon
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
I didn’t change the oil yet. All I did was put it in the cylinders. So I should go ahead and put the other tube in the oil?

Mini update 24 Mar 2020 20:39 #16

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Yes, I would. if you noticed an improvement just from applying it to the cylinder, imagine the other places it will help the engine internals.
As I said, drive the car. drive it gently for the next bit, stay out of the turbo, but drive it every day. And don't be impatient...good things take time.
and remember to check the oil every day or 3, and keep it at the proper level...but you know that already.
I'm guessing you'll notice you'll need to add less and less each time you check, because it wont be burning as much.

(if theres a spot to add oil to the turbo for its bearings, you may want to save a few dribbles for that...or buy another syringe or 3. You do have a pickup to treat as well after all)
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Mini update 25 Mar 2020 16:46 #17

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
I would just go ahead and treat the bad cylinder as things are, Vernon. As long as the oil isn't too dirty, I'd just leave the oil it has now in place. For this treatment of the bad cylinder, you want a cold engine due to the aluminum cylinder head plug threads.

I'd order some more Snake Oil now, as it's on sale right now. At your discretion, though Snake Oil will give most of it's benefits to the complete engine in ONE treatment- if it were my car, I'd do another treatment w/ the 10 CC Snake Oil in the oil. And I'd like to do that right after an oil change to give max benefits.

I bet you will see an amazing improvement for this engine by treating the bad cylinder directly, then doing a repeat treatment with the 10 CC Snake Oil.

Once again, for benefit of everyone, here's a brief peek at the active ingredient in Snake Oil--Hexagonal Boron Nitride, hBN.

hBN reduces coefficient of friction by at least half.

hBN minimizes contact betwen friction surfaces.

hBN is a nano lubricant, is highly chemically stable.

hBN has high thermal conductivity, enhancing heat transfer away from friction spots.

hBN fills in micro crevices of wear surfaces, while coating hight spots with nano sheets of hBN.

hBN under load forms nano layers that orient in parallel with direction of sliding friction pairs.- the hBN molecular nano-layers have EXTREMELY little friction between them. hBN nano-sheet layers under load, aggregate with oil molecules. This then distributes uniformly over frictional contact areas, increasing separation of friction surfaces.

hBN has high corrosion resistance and resists oxidation up tp high temps.

hBN under light loads is absorbed physically and chemically on friction surfaces. Under higher loads hBN has a tribochecmical reaction which gives anti-wear performance.

hBN is used in several industries as a high-temp lubricant.

Let us all know of your results, Vernon!
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

Mini update 26 Mar 2020 11:32 #18

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
all of these details about the active ingredient in Snake Oil are positives.

I tend to look at the benefits listed above and think "over time, Snake Oil reverses the ravages of time and prevents them from returning"
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Mini update 31 Mar 2020 15:41 #19

• Vernon
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
So I put probably around 70 miles on the mini so far. Is a little better. I disabled the turbo by unhooking and caping the vacuum line on the wasgate. I just ordered a 10cc tube. Is it recommended to change the oil for the new snake oil or not?

Mini update 31 Mar 2020 16:05 #20

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Between his two vehicles, Vernon swings like a pendulum do ;)
Drive the Mini; 70 miles isn't nearly enough before an oil change...see if you can wait for 300-500 miles. Give it time to really start working, ok?
THEN do the change with the fresh Snake Oil.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Mini update 31 Mar 2020 16:11 #21

• Vernon
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Lol yeah I run the mini right after work because its parked at work and use my truck to and from work. I guess my main concern with the oil is excessive blowby from low compression in that cylinder

Mini update 31 Mar 2020 16:37 #22

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Maybe if it’s not too far between home and work you should park the truck and drive the car...get some more real world driving happening???
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Mini update 31 Mar 2020 17:05 #23

• Vernon
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
I was just considering that. Its 11 miles one way

Mini update 31 Mar 2020 18:01 #24

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Don’t just think about it, do it do it do it!
22 miles per day for 2 weeks...
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile