Over the Road applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2005 Town and country and then some

2005 Town and country and then some 11 May 2020 09:48 #1

• Clinton Beneke
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 2
On top of this being my first post here, I'm excited to be a member of gadgetman Land. I just got done working with Gadgetman Michael on the throttle body for my 2005 T&C, I noticed right away that it was running better and the smell was not as strong. After my ECU learning drive the smell was all about gone, I'm sure the remaining smell is just the motor and exhaust getting cleaned out, big difference though. It seemed like there was more power there but I wasn't sure till I took the corner turning into my culdisac then I knew it had more power and throttle response. look for video to be posted by Gadgetman Michael soon.

I purchased and am currently educating myself on the personal license kit. My first project is a 2015 Ram 2500 with a 6.4 Hemi. has anybody out there done a groove on one of these? it already has a lot of power so I'm excited to see what it brings, and I can always use more mileage since it is my to tow rig and it's thirsty now. This truck will also get snake oil in it to keep all the parts strong, look for more post from it.

Other project is a 2011 grand Caravan and a 1998 f-150, any tips on these would be helpful. I'm trying to get all of mine working before I start working on others so I can so them results. I look forward to all the help and discussion form the community and hope I'm able to add a little where I can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2005 Town and country and then some 13 May 2020 09:57 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Welcome, Clinton!
All of the vehicles you've mentioned that are on your "To groove" list have (probably) been done by others before you. Cruise around here on the forum for topics/threads and dig in!
Don't be discouraged by a lack of replies to your posts - the many people who browse here seem to be afraid to enter into conversation - so it might be better to ask highly specific questions to encourage people with the knowledge and experience to help you achieve similar results actually chime in with a thoughtful answer; just because you know certain things doesn't mean that we have the same knowledge, and vice versa.

You were specific with your Ram pickup...what about the 2 minivans and f-150, what engines do they have?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Clinton Beneke

2005 Town and country and then some 13 May 2020 10:54 #3

• Clinton Beneke
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
The f-150 has a 5.4 Triton, the grand caravan has a 3.6 and the groove is already on my 05 T&C just need to get it out and drive it now.

2005 Town and country and then some 13 May 2020 12:30 #4

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Welcome to Gadgetman Land, Clinton!

First, I want to remind you to make a post on the Welcome Mat. That way, everyone else who has will be notified of your finding the family and can welcome you properly. Just tell us some of your history and why you came here and what you hope to accomplish.

I am so very pleased at how excited you are! That's the way I was when the first vehicle I did went from about 225/tank to over 660. Yee-HAH!

The residual smell will fade to a greater or lesser degree over a short period. What's happening is the residue that's built up in the exhaust system is being washed out by the extra steam created by the improved combustion, washing it into the cat. That's why it's less intense, and smells different.

On your Grand Caravan, you should see somewhere in the 60-100% range of an increase, and the same with your 98 Ford. Both are ideal candidates for The Groove. Of course, Snake Oil is recommended for all vehicles, as it tightens the engines up while friction-proofing the parts. It will also substantially reduce the blow-by gases even more than The Groove, and will reduce it even more.

One client reported 25-40 PSI increase in the compression on all cylinders.

Not too shabby,. if I do say so myself!

You are going to LOVE living in Gadgetman Land!

Welcome home.
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clinton Beneke

2005 Town and country and then some 14 May 2020 10:54 #5

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman

Clinton Beneke wrote: The f-150 has a 5.4 Triton, the grand caravan has a 3.6 and the groove is already on my 05 T&C just need to get it out and drive it now.

Plus one karma for filling in the details!

f-150s with the 5.4 respond well to the groove, and there are plenty of them on here to prove it.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

2005 Town and country and then some 14 May 2020 11:43 #6

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
Thought you all would like to know about my 2004 Town and Country...

With The Groove and Snake Oil, I am now at almost 400 miles per tank in the CITY, and over 500 on the highway!

Not too shabby for an ole country boy, don't you think?

Ron
Ron Hatton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Clinton Beneke

2005 Town and country and then some 14 May 2020 18:05 #7

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
How big are the engine and the tank?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

2005 Town and country and then some 18 May 2020 08:50 #8

• Clinton Beneke
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
the T&C has a 3.8 with a 20 gallon tank.

Interesting problem I ran into, when I put the throttle body back on I forgot to hook up the evap line and the engine ran fine. when I put the line back on it it stalled the motor and wouldn't restart. never thought plugging a vacuum leak would stall a motor, any words of wisdom on that? I'm pretty sure the purge solenoid is bad and I have ordered a new one to replace it but I just wanted to send an update and see if anybody could answer my question.

2005 Town and country and then some 18 May 2020 09:11 #9

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
This is normal, actually. All you have to do is the conditioning process again.

The ECU was set according to the total amount of air entering. When you stopped the airflow through the PCV, the ECU needs to relearn.

Just give it a little pedal when you start the engine. It will adapt.

Ron
Ron Hatton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clinton Beneke

2005 Town and country and then some 22 May 2020 09:24 #10

• Clinton Beneke
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
I replaced the evap solenoid and that wasn't the problem, I got it to start with the idea you said Ron and if I released the throttle gently I could get it to idle at 400 rpm. but wouldn't accelerate good and it you let off fast it stalled. this tells me it was an IAC valve problem so I took it out and cleaned, in case it had some sand in it from the sand blasting. When I reinstalled it it stared up and held idle on its own but is now idling at 600-700 rpms. is this common for the groove? it use to idle at 1100-1200 rpms. I drove it around and restarted it a few times and it starts and idles just at the 600-700 range. I think driving it some more might regulate it, I just wanted to put my latest thoughts out here to get any input.

2005 Town and country and then some 22 May 2020 10:35 #11

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
600-700 RPM idle sounds like a normal idle RPM w/ fully warmed up engine. My experience is that a cold engine should start and have 1100-1200 RPM. As engine warms up the IAC gradually closes, reducing RPM's. If this is what's going on now, then it's in the ballpark, by my experience.

I have not seen any pics of this particular TB yet...? Any IAC mods?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

2005 Town and country and then some 22 May 2020 11:53 #12

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman

Clinton Beneke wrote: When I reinstalled it it stared up and held idle on its own but is now idling at 600-700 rpms. is this common for the groove? it use to idle at 1100-1200 rpms.

Indeed it is normal for your idle to change post-groove...and lower IS better!
it means you've got the computer delivering less fuel to run the engine, because it's using the air it sucks in differently: with the throttle plate (and IAC valve closed), the vacuum is higher, fuel vapourizes and combines with the air better prior to combustion, burns more evenly and completely...
How does it drive? is your mileage up? what does the tailpipe smell like?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

• Page: