Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about those who have helped you the most. If you want to share the love about someone who's not already here, let Ron or Nick know and we'll add a topic in their name!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!!

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 15 Aug 2015 00:14 #13

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Karl, ya think it's bad w/ your Mazda? Listen to this story from a Groove customer, Joe, in New Mexico. I Grooved his '99 Ford F-350 Super Duty w/ the Triton v-10 a couple yrs ago, he got about a 25% hiway MPG gain on it I recall. He recently got a newer Ford F-350 diesel pickup, still has the V-10 one. So he's driving out someplace for the weekend in the Diesel- and the diesel turbo goes BOOM! He gets it towed to town and has his daughter bring up the V-10 ford, and goes on to enjoy his weekend. Gets back to town, the Ford dealer says it will be over 4 Grand to fix it! So he takes it to somebody else who takes the turbo and intake manifold off, takes the turbo apart- and a MOUSE got sucked in the turbo, it blew up and there's a hole in the underhood insulation pad. He sent pics of all this complete w/ a nice shot of cooked shredded Mouse inside the turbo...! It gets better...

He figures out how to file an Insurance claim on this, no problem...and the Mechanic installs a replacement turbo. Then the Mechanic calls him to inform him the replacement turbo siezed up!!! :angry:

I told him maybe the Great Pumpkin doesn't want him driving this Ford Diesel, to sell it and stick w/ the v-10 Triton one.... :lol:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 15 Aug 2015 11:07 #14

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Not really too upset with the TB having the high idle since I am using the original one that works.
What gets me is the lack of any success with the 8 mods already.
Have done checks for vac leaks and have found and fixed 4 so far with no difference in performance and no mechanic so far has found any other problems so big mystery why no success.
The results I did hear about was the RVS when the mechanic was doing the head gasket.
Was astounded at the good condition of the engine after 270k miles and it had to be due to the RVS.

The HCS mod is intermittent seeing I go from 25 up to 40-45mpg when it works for 10-20 seconds and then back down to 25mpg. You can feel when the HCS works, like Im going downhill, very light pedal.
Then it stops working and it feels like Im going up a hill. This is because the engine is now getting injected with more gas which makes the truck feel sick compared to when the HCS works.
I have tried about a dozen different configurations with the HCS thinking maybe its my set up is wrong and the last time about a month ago I hooked it up and went to work. The Scangauge showed results immediately after the engine warmed showing results between 45-50mpg and for almost a whole minute this time which was the longest time yet by far. The TP was reading about 19. Then something changed and the mileage dropped back down to 25-27mpg and it felt again like going uphill compared to when HCS was doing its thing.
I can only surmise that the ECU sees the gas ratio going below where the manufacture wants it to be(to waste gas) and it signals the ECU to start spraying more into the engine.
Why else would going the same speed with no hills would the HCS just stop working?
Does not make sense to me unless the computer stops the euphoria.

Last edit: by Karl411.

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 15 Aug 2015 22:26 #15

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
nah, the raven feather...works Every time, I tell ya!

read what heysoundude said in my thread about the double Grooved TB... ( Oh PLEASE let him be right!)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 16 Aug 2015 13:26 #16

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
HCS- acronym doesn't register or compute...what is it?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 16 Aug 2015 18:07 #17

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
HCS- Hydrocarbon Cracking System Look in . There's a giant forum thread there on it, well past 200 pages and several years old now. Essentially a copper tube wound 'round the exhaust pipe, gasoline vapor is ducted thru it and on to the engine. Started in Indonesia I think it is a few yrs back. Simple in concept,tricky to get to work right. Loads of ideas in there. I tried my version of it last year, didnt work for me, I haven't spent enuf time to tweak it. Karl- did I get the right, I know I'm close. Maybe, Karl, you might give more info on it, it has worked for some.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 16 Aug 2015 22:03 #18

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The address is Fuel-saver and then add .org to that.
This site wont allow me to post the whole address.
Must be the gubmint doin this to me.

Belated Happy Birthday to our Intrepid TracyG!! 17 Aug 2015 09:01 #19

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
wow -
found the thread on that forum and got to page 2 before my brain started to melt. Not my cuppa.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

• Page: