Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about those who have helped you the most. If you want to share the love about someone who's not already here, let Ron or Nick know and we'll add a topic in their name!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 23 Apr 2021 20:50 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Friends I have very sad news to share. Our beloved founder, the Inventor of the famous Gadgetman Groove, and Snake Oil, has passed away..

Ron, was driving on a dark road in late evening on January 30th, outside of Great Falls, Montana. I still do not know all the details of just how it happened, but the truck he was driving was in a terrible accident. He was (as far as I can tell) ejected from the truck and gravely hurt. He sustained three broken discs in his neck, one arm was nearly or completely severed, broken ribs, and other multiple major trauma.

He was taken to a hospital in Great Falls. I was told that the doctors were able to re-attach the arm and temporarily stabilize Ron. He was in the ICU unit for nine days. During that time ex-Gadgetman Michael Lee (with whom Ron had a major falling out with several months earlier) was able to visit and see Ron. Though Ron had banished Michael Lee from all Gadgetman and SnakeOil operations, it was still a decent thing that Michael did, and I thank him for that, whatever secondary motivations he might have or not have had.

Ron obviously suffered terribly. He was on life support and oxygen. He was I'm told pretty much paralyzed. It became obvious certainly to Ron, that he would likely never have any normal quality of life again. I was at work on Monday February 8th when my cell phone rang. It was a nurse at the hospital, saying Ron wanted to speak to me. So they got a phone close enough that Ron could talk a little, but only barely. He said that he was paralyzed, could not move or even eat. He told me that he did not want to go on like this, that he had asked to be removed from life support. I was absolutely stunned.

Hearing this, knowing that time was short because of how hard it was for poor dear Ron to speak, I told Ron that I loved him, that I understood his decision. I asked him what he wanted done. Ron then told me to keep his business going.

Right after that there was a kind of sound like rushing air, then the nurse came back on the line. She said they would Keep Ron comfortable. I asked to be called if anything happened. About an hour and a half later, the hospital called me again, the nurse said that Ron had passed on quietly.

I was shaken and stunned. Even this much later, it's hard to believe that Ron is gone. He spent a few months with me here in Reno last year, and I have constant reminders of him, from things he left behind.

Ron worked with a very capable Administrator for some time. He and I have been working together these past 2 months plus to transition his business, while keeping the existing one alive. Some parts of this have been very difficult, not least because we lost all the records, info, contacts, etc.etc. that Ron had in his personal electronics and computer. The situation Ron was living in and dealing with in Montana, was hectic to say the least. As a result, the business and websites are still OK, up and running, but it has bee quite challenging. It has been a bit like a puzzle without all the pieces.

This is why there has been such a delay in announcing Ron's passing. I had to keep it quiet, because we didn't know the whole situation. This has bothered me every day since we lost Ron. Some have speculated of foul play being involved. Again we don't have many facts. A friend of Ron's from his time in jail in Montana, Mark, was on the phone with Ron when the accident happened and told me he heard it.. Ron had told Mark of me, so he called me late that same night to tell me of the accident. He was familiar with the area around Great Falls, and knew of the intersection where the accident happened. Mark said this this was a very bad spot on the road, that there was a curve with a blind spot or similar. We have also heard that another vehicle was involved but still no details of this.

So, to honor Ron's last wish we are keeping on with Ron's Legacy. We have lost one of the most creative, helpful, loving, intelligent people ever. We are incredibly blessed and fortunate that his technologies and teachings are preserved. We have his Youtube videos. We have all the information here in the archives of this website. We have the amazing information found in the Personal License Training kits. Believe me, there is MUCH more in those Kits than just how to do the Gadgetman Groove. We have the secrets of the SnakeOil formulas. We have the secrets of the unique Gadgetman bits. In a sense, it is as if Ron somehow knew that his technologies needed to outlive him, and they have.

We have lost Ron. but his Inventions live on!

I invite any of you who have memories and stories of Ron Hatton, to share them here. This, by telling of our times with him, can be a Memorial to him.
All he gave us and left with us, will be a Living Memorial for Ron Hatton.

I want to give special thanks To Martin, Greg K, and others unnamed, who knew Ron, and have given support to me and those of us involved in preserving his Legacy. thank you.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK, Kim, Todd Gilbertson, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, kman, Andrew Leyva

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 23 Apr 2021 23:04 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Sad news indeed, Rest in the peace of your god's loving embrace, Ron.

I hope to honour his memory by making sure the legacy he left in the Groove and Snake Oil live well on into the future.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: kman

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 25 Apr 2021 17:39 #3

• Mike Miller
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 20
I never thought I would log on today and read such heartbreaking news. I had only known Ron for I guess a little over six months now. I never got to meet him personally, but we shared a few phone calls. Talking to Ron is like talking to an old friend even if you've never met. I feel sad that he called me in mid January and I didn't take the call because I was busy at the time. I meant to call him back later but it slipped my mind.

Great Man, Great Mind and Great Inventor. Rest in Peace Ron you have received your reward now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, GregK, Todd Gilbertson, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, kman

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 25 Apr 2021 20:21 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Mike, thanks for your kind words. We never know what is coming, each day. I'm so sorry you didn't get to talk with Ron again! Don't Let your regret weigh too heavily, you know Ron would never wish for that! When we remember Ron, and share our times with him he lives on in our hearts. Thank You.
Tracy G.
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA, kman

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: typo

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 28 Apr 2021 14:28 #5

• Kevin
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 4
So sorry to hear the news… Rest in peace Ron.I’ve been following the Gadgetman Grove site for a couple years now, year ago I decided to do my 2000 Chevrolet pick up spoke with Ron got it shipped out, put it on and had an extremely high idle,I Totally freaking out,Called Ron he told me to “calm down we’ll get this figured out“, And after a few phone calls and trying a few different diagnosis we did,“ get it all figured out“ And just so few short conversations over the phone it seemed as if we’ve been friends for a while. rest easy Mr. gadget man till we meet again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, GregK, Todd Gilbertson, kman

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 06 May 2021 00:46 #6

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
Our brother Ron is not pain anymore. He had some very tuff times and I valued his friendship. I thank him for his generosity and wisdom that he kindly gave me. I will miss him. Its our time to keep his vision of goodness, humanity and passions for a better tomorrow going. To everyone out there , gadgetman land cannot keep going without eachother. I will do my part to add, report, and support the cause. Bless you all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, GregK, kman

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 06 May 2021 15:06 #7

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
This truly is sad news, I had only realized that the emails stopped and logged in to see what was going on to realize this information. Ron always had time to talk me through anything while I was under the hood of a car, even though I wasn't doing the groove for any cash at all to practice on vehicles. I will miss our talks and will miss the energetic confidence he had on the phone even if you were pulling out your (easy out) kit because something broke off that shouldn't have.

Tracy, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help keep things going. The snake oil and groove shouldn't fall by the wayside, even if none of us ever make a dime from it the technology is useful.
Ken
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, GregK, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, kman

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 06 May 2021 23:09 #8

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Thank you, Ken. Well, yes there is something you and we can do here. POst here again about your experiences, a response to whatever has or gets your attention!
and remember, there is a BIg bunch of information in all the back posts. Look through the folder categories, there's probably something juicy in there. We do need more activity in here. Myself, I've been remiss (busy behind the scenes w/ the business stuff)
I do have several Groove jobs I will post of with pics, the latest was a GM TBI Groove job that just went out to a brand new Gadgetman, who I believe hasn't yet joined the Forum.
thanks again, Ken, you've always been great!!

Tracy G.
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 08 May 2021 14:50 #9

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
Tracy Thank You very much for telling about our great friend.
Ron would help me anyway he could and he will be missed very much
Best to you Ron
GeraldC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, GregK, kman

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 08 May 2021 21:29 #10

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Yes he will, Gerald. We remember him as such a kind-hearted good man, who always wanted to help others, and who RAILED against injustice. He gave us and so many, so much...
We were all fortunate to have known such a great guy!
thanks, Gerald.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 28 May 2021 23:41 #11

• Kim
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 30
I am heartbroken to read the sad news aboit Ron. I have unsolvable and very limited internet since a couple of years.I just loged in to see whats news about gadgetman has.
no words to say about the tragedy.
Ron, as I know him, I tallked a few times on the phone, was a kind and lively person never giving up. He did never ever deserve such ending ins his life.
IIt is late, but it is never too late to take action.
god bless you Ron! I will lite a candle for you! you have now a peacefull time. we will miss you!
love , light and peace
Kim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, GregK, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, kman

Sad news, yet the Legacy lives on 04 Jun 2021 12:55 #12

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 70
I just logged on after a few months to read this and was shocked.
Was always wondering how Ron was doing and was going to post last time I was
on asking for updates since no info was available.
Very sad to hear about Ron. He worked so hard to promote this technology
and was willing to help anyone asking and this is how it ends.Sad.
Only had a few conversations with him but he was always full of energy to help.
Glad to hear Michael Lee came to see Ron and hopefully smoothed things out between them.
Thank you Tracy, Greg and others for all you do to keep this site going.
Was hoping to see a post from Ron when I logged on today but was only stunned by this post.
Sorry to hear about him passing and never getting the success he deserved for all he did for all of us.
Thanks again Tracy for your work and load you bear to keep this site alive and going.
Much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, GregK, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

• Page: