Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
ALL Carbureted Vehicles are discussed here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 85 toy 4wd after groove and rebuild need adjustmt

85 toy 4wd after groove and rebuild need adjustmt 11 Jul 2011 21:33 #1

• 85toy4wheel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hello , i just recently rebuild my 2 barrel carb.,after groove.its doing good ,
how would i adjust for better fuel mileage it has fast idle speed adjustment as well as a air/fuel mixture adjustment where too start? im basically clueless

thanks again ,
gtt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 85 toy 4wd after groove and rebuild need adjustmt 11 Jul 2011 21:55 #2

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What's your name? Not that it matters to the carb but it does to me!

You are going to find that dramatically reduced jets will help to further increase your mpg's. But the first thing I would do is increase the gap on your spark plugs. Look under Service Bulletins to find the method for most effective adjustment.

As far as any "adjustments", those should be done with a 5-Gas Analyzer connected to your exhaust.

Does this help?

Ron
(PS: I deleted the posts in the Welcome Mat as this discussion belongs here.)

Re: 85 toy 4wd after groove and rebuild need adjustmt 12 Jul 2011 02:20 #3

• 85toy4wheel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
my name is barry j from los angeles i was just thinking wow im not too far from mesa i rermember i drove thru thre during katruina back fromn new orleans .. im groovin ooh remember the song just got paid friday night -jhonny kemp {groovin too the beat im groovin pump up the sound groovin too the beat}
another one from the 89 era mr. groove i need too make you a cassette with these songs
may be . your defitnetly mr.groove wont you cut me out!!!!!!!!

Re: 85 toy 4wd after groove and rebuild need adjustmt 12 Jul 2011 02:29 #4

• 85toy4wheel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thnak you ron for such a quick response trying too think what else

Re: 85 toy 4wd after groove and rebuild need adjustmt 12 Jul 2011 02:44 #5

• 85toy4wheel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
okay tyeah i did gap the plugs larger for a 4 mpg gain some one was telling me about my upstream 02 sensor how too modify it with spark plug fouler ,repair kit at auto zone for 3.99 connect it tooyour 02 sensor screw it back in ,but for me i need too see it first too be able too do it right the first time go go go go!

Re: 85 toy 4wd after groove and rebuild need adjustmt 28 Jul 2011 22:00 #6

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Barry,

To find out what your carburetor manufacturer recommends for re-jetting is the best practice to follow.

Just tell them you want to reduce the flow rate by at least 20%. Then, contact me with your current jet size and your replacement options and I'll make some recommendations on the sizes.

One key factor is does your carb use metering rods?

Re: 85 toy 4wd after groove and rebuild need adjustmt 31 Aug 2011 17:52 #7

• 85toy4wheel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
yaa yeah i need that out here in 200 or three hundred mile L.A. depending on where you role or how you role an way how much does a penny way a lot these days with gas prices on the rise on the aveverege im now driving with my foot barly touching on the gas pedal im rollling about 48too 52 streets 17 too 27 max. so in that case i found another carb shop the first one was playing me work is know good my float was stuck at the bottom only got me for forty dollars creepers.

any way im going too get that info(ruduced flow /carb jet suggestions) today and get back with you on the board.

bless you

Re: 85 toy 4wd after groove and rebuild need adjustmt 31 Aug 2011 18:25 #8

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I highly recommend you tell the name of the shop that was taking advantage of you, amigo!

Thanks for your report...

Ron

• Page: