Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
ALL Carbureted Vehicles are discussed here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 350 Holley in Western Australia

350 Holley in Western Australia 23 May 2013 07:21 #1

• neil
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 21
G'day everyone! This is my first post... thanks to all and particularly Ron.
Well, I recently recieved my kit, brought a Dremel and realised I needed to choose a donor vehicle, my wifes Nissan Patrol has a 4.2 petrol motor with an autogas system (propane) on it and petrol for backup, via a 350 Holley.
..I feel inadequate now as all the posts are about real carbies...4 barrels! :blush:. We call your cars "Yank Tanks" over here....If anyone has some tips specifically on 350 Holleys I would appreciate it as I will be into this job sometime in the next week or so.
This carby and autogas system are not factory fitment, some crazy guy happily simplified it (me). I am seriously considering a different carby like a two barrel weber in case there are any suggestions, I am happy to make major change to achieve a benefit.
God bless gadgetman, Sorry you can't all live in Australia,
Neil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

350 Holley in Western Australia 23 May 2013 10:24 #2

• divedaddy03
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

wisechill wrote: G'day everyone! This is my first post... thanks to all and particularly Ron.
Well, I recently recieved my kit, brought a Dremel and realised I needed to choose a donor vehicle, my wifes Nissan Patrol has a 4.2 petrol motor with an autogas system (propane) on it and petrol for backup, via a 350 Holley.
..I feel inadequate now as all the posts are about real carbies...4 barrels! :blush:. We call your cars "Yank Tanks" over here....If anyone has some tips specifically on 350 Holleys I would appreciate it as I will be into this job sometime in the next week or so.
This carby and autogas system are not factory fitment, some crazy guy happily simplified it (me). I am seriously considering a different carby like a two barrel weber in case there are any suggestions, I am happy to make major change to achieve a benefit.
God bless gadgetman, Sorry you can't all live in Australia,
Neil

Welcome Neil!

Sounds like you have quite the setup on your "Yank Tanks"... :) I wanted to drop you a note and say HI and welcome.

I'm NOT the guy to talk to you about Carbs but I to think I remember somebody saying that you can't groove 4 barrels. That said, maybe Ron, Dan, Nick, Aaron, or Tracie can weigh in on this discussion and give some feedback.

I love our ingenuity and willingness to make changes. Do you have a YouTube channel or videos/pics of your setup? I'd love to learn more about what you're doing.

Onward and upward!

Wayne, SC
Gadgetman Carolinas

350 Holley in Western Australia 23 May 2013 16:10 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes you can groove it as long as there`s enough room on intake side of butterfly throat usually will need to be small bit to middle size, only do the 2 barrel side the other 2 barrel`s wont gain anything.
If the butterfly is to close then groove an adapter as close to butterfly as possible.

350 Holley in Western Australia 23 May 2013 17:48 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hey Neil, Welcome to GadgetmanLand! :cheer:

Would be super, Mate, if ya could give us pics of this carb, several from different angles. Definitely shots from underside w/ detail of throttle plates and how much room is under the plates.

Some carbs are do-able, some not. Depending on room under the plates and intruding things like screw holes, etc.

As Dan said, you only Groove the Primary barrels of any 4-bbl.

I've thought of doing a Weber too, if I convert to one for the Subie. Gawd, if I do much more to Subie it might forget it is one... :lol:

anyway, Welcome, Neil, have yer roo put another shrimp on the Barbie..Oh I have a real Yank Tank, weighs over 3 tons, old enough to have been married several times...

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: