Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
ALL Carbureted Vehicles are discussed here!

TOPIC: Wet weather= Power Increase

Wet weather= Power Increase 02 Jul 2015 15:43 #25

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Added humidity yes. Ozone from nearby lightning strikes- :blink: Well not TOO close I hope! A couple yrs ago I was driving east of Reno on I-80 and lightning struck a pole maybe 200 yards away. Had the window down, I saw the strike off to the left and the thunder was ear-splitting, nearly instant!
Ozone generators are another rabbit hole I've poked my nose into. This is another DIY thing, I think similar to do to the water misters. I could find no online source for ready make kits, but a science supply site had ozone generators and power supplies available. I think it was (dubya- dubya-dubya) .amazingone.com.

Dan Merrick was telling me a different sort of application to ionize or energise incoming crankcase gas stream as well, Karl you remember that? I think Dan was speaking of doing the reverse polarity to Ozone generation, it's a bit hazy to me right now! Dan knows SO much!!

And I still ponder about the Plasma Ignition stuff, if it takes better advantage of the humidity than any other Ignition...? could be. For sure it unleashes more energy faster than other types, including photonic energy. Just go looking on line at all the demonstration and experimental videos see how intensely bright and the reactions to water...

Greg you're right about using coolant heat to heat an AOS container- except it might not be enough heat to really do the job...? You can get close to H2O's boiling point, just not quite. Exhaust heat is likely more like it, w/ the challenges inherent in that.

The HCS info thread at Fuel-Saver.org is a good source of some info, and Dan Merrick's ideas go a good bit further. There is getting water and/or gas/crankcase HC's to vaporize. Getting HC's to crack- to break molecular bonds to reform into smaller lighter more volatile HC molecules--well that's also called thermal catalytic cracking. Usually a catalyst is needed to lower necessary temp. thresholds. Platinum, copper, nickel, iron, can all be catalysts in the right setting. I've tried to research this stuff, but it's cutting a path in the jungle without the necessary training! Ron and Bruce McBurney spoke of making a "BB Jar". Crankcase water/gas condensates collect into a container w/ copper coated BB's in it. Add enough heat and you could get maybe some reactions.

For myself, it's a matter of finding the right materials to play with.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wet weather= Power Increase 02 Jul 2015 16:52 #26

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
That's the thing: water steams BELOW its boiling point, and engine coolant temps are below boiling thanks to the cooling system and it being pressurized. An added loop (like the cabin heater) would be fairly easy to install for the catch can -especially in my truck- and keep the temps below boiling.
I'm just wondering how much vapor would be enough to make a difference, and if enough is produced to keep it a closed loop self sustaining system, especially on grooved engines that run cooler and use less fuel.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Wet weather= Power Increase 12 Jan 2020 11:50 #27

• ken
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Tracy, I have been reading some of your old posts about the wet weather adding power with your awesome plasma ignition and had a thought about a product I have used on my dirtbike. It is called dial-a-jet made by thunder products. It had a tube that you installed in the airstream before the carb and a line that ran to the float bowl. It was adjustable and the idea was you reduced your main jet a couple of sizes and when the motor vacuum signaled that it wanted fuel the tube would suck fuel from the float bowl and shoot atomized fuel/ air mixture into the airstream. Might work for misting water into airstream! Check out thunder products.