Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
ALL Carbureted Vehicles are discussed here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved

1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved 18 Dec 2011 16:36 #1

• Accord82
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everybody! My name is Dimitar Tsanev, i`m from Bulgaria and this is my first car that i am trying to groove. Its a 1.6 ohc 8valve, 2barrel engine.It has 237000km and its in very bad visual condition as you will see, but the engine is running verry nice and fuel consumption was never bellow 30mpg.So i tryed to put the groove on it.First i had to repair the cover of the carb and the accel. pump;they where both warped and the contact surfaces had to be recovered.Before two days i put the groove but with the smallest bit, because was scared not to go into the second chamber.As you will see the wall is only 2mm thick.So after mounting the carb on place and got the engine running till the fan started i noticed: a light increase in idle rpms and smoother running.When i tested it on the road i realised that i don`t have to step on the gas pedal, the car ran better than before with only touching the pedal; low end torque and throttle response increased but the mpg stayed same.Also i noticed that the tailpipe went black.I made photos of everything that i`ve done(Ron`s advise);here is the link: ImageShack - cimg0037q.jpg
. Im uploding for first time in this site and not so shure that everythings fine,i made also a video before the groove.The engine has only one PCV hose comming out from the head cover.The other is very small and ends with an orifice plate(1mm) going under the carb.Its purpose is to drain the liquified oil vapors from the small "cup" in wich the bigger hose is leading.I also tested for vac leaks - there are not.
Sorry for the long post but i`m little confused.
Greetings to all of you!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Accord82. Reason: wrong link to pics

Re: 1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved 18 Dec 2011 19:55 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Greetings Dimitar and welcome to "groove land"

I'm pretty sure that what you need to do is move the PCV hose and the smaller hose to the intake/air cleaner side of the system. I think what is happening , that you are getting the black exhaust is that because of the groove's effects and the PCV still being where it is, the PCV/oil recovery are not only reducing the overall effect of the groove but adding the collected oil from the PCV.

You have to do everything you can to remove any vacuum loss from the intake manifold side of the system. This will increase the efficiency of the vacuum and give the engine a better air mix.

Also, there are a lot of gadgetman video's on youtube including someservice updates.

Good luck,

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

Re: 1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved 19 Dec 2011 05:15 #3

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome Dimitar, This is GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek from Kennard Nebraska.

It's exciting to see a carbureted vehicle from Bulgaria.

How did you find out about the Gadgetman groove?

Also another note about your carburetor, you can build up the backside of where your groove is to get a deeper groove.

I don't know if you have jbweld epoxy type of a filler in Bulgaria but if possible this has ben a great help to prevent cutting through the bore and making a hole.

Your tailpipe getting black is a vaccum leak or like Tacoma Karl was pointing out you need to cap the port where the pcv hose hooked to, and vent the pcv.

Also since your car has many miles on it check to see if your brake booster is holding vaccuum. This has been a overlooked item that can cause a vaccuum leak also.

Again I would like to welcome you to our family of Gadgeteers.

Merry Christmas and Happy grooving. Aron

Re: 1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved 20 Dec 2011 16:00 #4

• Accord82
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi again!
I`ve done one more groove today with the medium bit and the result was... a hole.Its impossible to put any epoxy on this place because the secondary plate will stay a little open.Before that i have also tested the brake booster and the other parts of the vacuum system - the heater system(positioning of the air stream is made by vacuum motors) and the carb hot air plate wich is driven by a vacuum diaphragm.No leaks anywhere.I also blinded the hose for the oil vapors going under the carb.The third vacuum line that comes out from the manifold is for the ignition advance, but its a partitial vacuum, also no leaks. So the question is: Now what? It seems like not every car can be grooved...

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: 1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved 20 Dec 2011 16:18 #5

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations on your first Groove, Dimitar! And it's in Bulgaria! Time to celebrate!
It appears you used the large bit on this one, Dmitar. If not, then you still did right. Sometimes the best we can do is all that we can do...
Still, this can be easily repaired. Simply fill in the entire groove with metal epoxy of your choice, sand the secondary wall down smooth and use the next smaller bit.
While the small bit used in an automobile-sized engine will show minimal gains, ANY gain is a good one!
Don't lose faith, my friend and remember you have to work awfully hard to screw this up.
So, fill 'er in and roll on.
Sometimes that's all we CAN do.

Re: 1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved 18 Apr 2012 00:31 #6

• skodko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, Dimitar did the groove on my carburetor and I am amazed as I said before.

Re: 1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved 18 Apr 2012 12:46 #7

• Accord82
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yeeaah! Thanks Todor, the most important thing is that you have believed in Rons invention and thrusted me to do the Groove on your carb:woohoo: . Now you are the only person in our country which knows how it looks and how it works/+me:lol: /. Now comes the difficult part: how to explain and proove the others that this little magic groove changes the soul of most every spark ignited ICE. I`ll tell you: read all the data and topics been discussed, look for youtube service bulletins! Then take out of the garage your shiny unicue grooved skoda and show all your friends the difference before and after. Well you are now ready for little spark game. Wish you and everybody involved in this family all the best and never stop smiling:cheer:

Dimitar
Bulgaria

Re: 1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved 18 Apr 2012 15:03 #8

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dimitar, thank you for the wonderful, encouraging words to us all. Score +1 Karma. You are a hundred percent correct. It certainly isn't hard to believe in something once you've seen the results. Sometimes the results aren't seen because a vehicle does not cooperate but that is why this is a process.

Thank you again for the boost.

Re: 1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved 18 Apr 2012 19:41 #9

• skodko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dimitur, as you know in Bulgaria people dont trust each other and that is why nobody believes the gadgetman groove is working. But I am different kind of person and new stuff is very interesting for me. A friend of mine asked me for your phone number today. He wants to groove his Skoda Rapid and I am glad that another person will feel the fantastic effect.

Re: 1982 Honda Accord trying to be grooved 20 Apr 2012 12:36 #10

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi ya'all!

I have to tell you The Truth about the people of the world. They have been bred to trust only what the "Experts" say and to doubt the stuff that comes from their neighbors. Hell, most people don't even know their neighbors' names. They are scared stiff.

Meanwhile, we are all the same in many respects. Yet with The Groove properly applied, this condition seems to change. People find themselves in a position where they have first-hand experience that The Gadgetman Groove actually does make amazing changes in the way an engine runs. Something that stands to change their lives and their perception of The Truth forever.

In doing 'The Groove', you are doing far more than just changing an engine or even helping with an individual's expenses. Youa re quite literally changing the way they look at the world, encouraging them to challenge what they have been, and will continue to be taught.

Hence, the "Three Rules".
1) Do the mods.
2) Do the MODS.
3) DO THE MODS!

Following these simple rules will invariably lead to success-not just with the quality of the results, but in the quality of Life for all people on this planet.

We are changing the planet.

One person and one engine at a time.

Ron

• Page: