Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Tell us your Diagnostic Secrets snd share with us your challenges!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dyno Stuff

Dyno Stuff 06 Sep 2012 03:51 #1

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Some basic Dyno 101

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Dyno Stuff 18 Sep 2012 19:58 #2

• Alan Jensen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Karl
I agree with most of what you say. Also to be considered are the atmospheric condition (air temp,humidity and biometric pressure)which also have an affect on HP.Ideally you want to test on the same dyno in as close to same conditions as possible. There are correction factors for atmospheric conditions but there is controversy about them as well.
Some chassis dynos (Dyna Jet) have a coast down feature to measure drive line drag and use that to calculate crank shaft HP,better than a flat percentage but still many variables.
Alan

Re: Dyno Stuff 19 Sep 2012 01:18 #3

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Alan,

Not my thoughts per say, just found it interesting reading from some "reliable" and "noted" sources.

Personally, the Dyno information I would like to see is not so much the HP but the shift that seems to occur with the groove. The people "in the know" follow the standards that have been engrained in them, ie: the 525 cross-over.

What they don't realize is that the equipment was designed for a specific criteria and all the results are expected to fall in line with that criteria, anything to the contrary is "invalid"

Which is what makes the Groove unique.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

• Page: