Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Tell us your Diagnostic Secrets snd share with us your challenges!
  • Page:

TOPIC: to tell that the groove is working

to tell that the groove is working 16 Dec 2014 11:04 #1

• miltonrarick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
my 1998 tahoe with the groove & mapster on the scangauge weny from 205d to 191d new therostat & rad cap also this throttle body was done by ron so just check the temp gauge to see any reduction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

to tell that the groove is working 16 Dec 2014 18:41 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
Yes an operating temp drop means more of fuel is burning, IN the engine, more completely and rapidly. Of course assuming the previous rad. cap and t-stat were in decent shape. Did you see a power and MPG increase as well?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

to tell that the groove is working 16 Dec 2014 20:15 #3

• miltonrarick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
yes i went from 10-12 mpg to 19-21 on the road, i took off the deflector on the throttle plate thats good for `1 mile as others have done on utube exhaust has no smell just have to remember to open garage door when its running as for pep its a rocket ship drives like the new ones tps runs at 5 degrees at 55 mph i also put 4 new o2 sensers but no gain also im getting 16-17 in town on winter gas who needs a new a new truck im 73 hope this is my last one its that good I MISS NOT HAVING RON AROUND HOPE HES DOING WELL

to tell that the groove is working 17 Dec 2014 11:07 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
thanks for the info Milton indeed your Tahoe is a success story! :woohoo: Impressive gains!

Did you ever get any pic's of Ron's and your work, i.e. the Throttle body, did Ron take any video of it and you? Is yours the 5.3 Vortec, is it cable drive or drive by wire? I've Grooved just one Vortec, an '06 Chevy Avalanche 5.3 Vortec DBW. Got 50% gain on hiway, great power.

yes we do really miss Ron here, he always gave us great insight! I hope we get to hear from him, I can't contact him now.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

to tell that the groove is working 18 Dec 2014 10:38 #5

• miltonrarick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
yes it is a 350 vortec with cable throttle body i sent mine to ron never met the man

• Page: