Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2012 Jeep Wrangler USA - First Groove

2012 Jeep Wrangler USA - First Groove 01 Sep 2013 23:46 #1

• LowellGraber
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
I recently spent 2 days in Hamilton, MT with Ron showing me the Groove. Thanks Ron for the hospitality and hands on training. With his oversight I grooved my 2012 3.6 Jeep Wrangler. It was a sloppy groove if I say so myself, lol. On my first tank on the way home the Jeep got 29.6 mpg! This is 7.5 mpg better then I had ever gotten and it was at stock settings with only the groove and pcv delete! Previous best with pcv delete, advanced timing and 92 oct. was 22 mpg. The ecm has since taken some of the increase away but still at least 20% better then stock along with increased low end take off.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by LowellGraber.

2012 Jeep Wrangler USA - First Groove 05 Sep 2013 12:49 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Good for you, Lowell! :woohoo:

Feels great doesn't it! Ron's a great guy isn't he?! sure is cool to learn with him in Person I tell ya! ;) Nothing like having something so great Validated on your own ride! It's a Frankenstein moment..."It's ALIVE it's ALIVE!!" ha ha!! :lol:

Remember that Moment and hang Onto it, it will propel you far... ask any Gadgetman/Gal who has had that Moment, I had it at Ron's old place in PHX when I joined Muffler-suckers Anonymous, when that Kia's exhaust went so clean. Had it when I drove George's Subaru turbo wagon that Ron had so generously Grooved and I got to drive in PHX. Had it again on that '06 Avalance I Grooved when it put me back in the seat. Had it on my freind Terry's Nissan Maxima as I completed the Re-learn drive and again on the MPG test drive with it when I realized at the gas pump that it got a 92% gain in hiway MPG. Had it when My freind Debbie reported a 33% MPG increase on a tough mountain test drive in her '99 Ford f-350 v-10 Triton. Had it yet again when I saw the first real Plasma spark as I finished the Plasma spark mod on my Subie...

It's that Moment, and the big Smile on a happy customer's face that we Live and Groove for :lol: :silly: :evil: It's something else and often leads to compulsive Grooving...

congrats, Lowell!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

2012 Jeep Wrangler USA - First Groove 11 Sep 2013 08:55 #3

• LowellGraber
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You got it Tracy! Frankenstein moment.........lol.

2012 Jeep Wrangler USA - First Groove 11 Sep 2013 22:33 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Lowell, it sounds something like..." it works,... IT WORKS!"

So you're up in Bonner's Ferry, right? Never been there myself, though I did see the road sign to BF as I drove w/ my Dad and brother on north side of Lake Pend Orielle back in '94, kinda gave me a sense of wonder to think that Canada was so close by. I wonder if many Canadians come thru BF, and what it might be like to Groove some of their rides. I mean with current border issues and all do say as many Canucks come thru there as in years ago...?

I'm just wondering out loud about are their cars any different at all from US spec ones, what issues w/ emission regs/inspections might they have, is the gas in Canada any different from what is around down here. In other words are there any tech. issues to be aware of when Grooving a Canadian-owned car. Only obvious one to me would be that cold weather operation (idle air, idle bypass/IAC) is a bigger factor possibly.

Just knockin' a loose idea around here, anyone else got any input? Thanks for letting me blather on yer thread, Lowell! Do let us know how the Jeep is doing, thanks! :)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

2012 Jeep Wrangler USA - First Groove 11 Sep 2013 23:11 #5

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Lowell,

One thing to keep in mind with the groove, and others have realized this by accident...

You probably don't need the 92 octane fuel anymore.

My generator was supposed to run on 92 octane (never used it until I found out it was supposed to) and I ran a gallon through it.

It gave me an additional 7 minutes of run time and ran 40F hotter than with the 87 octane fuel.

It was actually pitting the piston.

Check your plugs, if they look good, then you have the option, if it looks like they are melting then you'll want to go with the less expensive blend.

A way to test it is to run your tank down, throw 5 gallons of 87 octane in the tank and see what the response is from the engine. Take it up a hill that you know would cause it to knock otherwise and see how it flies.

All optional of course :)

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

2012 Jeep Wrangler USA - First Groove 12 Sep 2013 09:16 #6

• LowellGraber
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes Tracy, I'm in Bonners Ferry, ID. 30 miles from BC and lots of Canucks come through town. I need to explore your idea of marketing to them, thanks! TacomaKarl, thanks for the input on octane!

• Page: