Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1996 Plymouth V-ger

1996 Plymouth V-ger 28 Oct 2011 17:01 #1

• Hemp
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just filled up after the 1st tank of gas in the minivan. Went from 18.48 mpg to 19.2 mpg on just the mod w/rerouted IAC. Not a real great result but it is an improvement. I now realized that the throttle body gasket may be a culprit w/the IAC. It is cut away at the IAC which will cause an air leak right at the old position. It probably is that way so that section of gasket does not deteriorate & get sucked into the cylinders. If that happens, it should just burn up. With no gasket covering the JB Kwik installed in the rerouting process, there can be a small leak right in the sweet spot of the groove, reducing the effectiveness of said groove. Or am I caught up in the perfect/good syndrome? Seems to me that any tweeking to get max mpg is worth it. Will fix gasket & let you know.

Maybe I should disconnect the battery to reset the computer. Any ideas?

Thanx.
Bryan Hemperly aka Hemp the Gadgetman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1996 Plymouth V-ger 28 Oct 2011 17:38 #2

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Hemp,
The leak you are speaking of will make a huge difference as it is a direct vacuum leak. It is amazing you got any results from the way it sounds. One of the most important things I've learned as a Gadgetman is that a little thing makes a big difference and that is in either direction, good or bad. Search and research for that little thing that will make a big difference in the good direction. That is a big part of being a Gadgetman. The little Groove makes big difference.

1996 Plymouth V-ger 28 Oct 2011 19:12 #3

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
One more thing.

You MUST cap the PCV. As you didn't mention it, I figured it had not been done...

Keep Groovin!

Keep Postin!

Keep it REAL!

Ron

• Page: