Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2003 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 05 Dec 2013 18:17 #13

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Enrique, the only source for the Gadgetman Groove bits is Ron. There is no other bit around to do the Groove right. I looked into bits pretty deep and talked with a 40+ year veteran toolmaker, he never saw anything like Gadgetman bits. If your groove doesn't give good results, it can be filled w/ metal epoxy and re-cut when ya get your Personal Liscence kit.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 05 Dec 2013 23:38 #14

• Enrique Guevara
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Save me from my pride, Lord, My focus on just me; Help me learn to serve, Lord; Show me how to be.
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you TracyG :) :)

well for the scrubs i close the bottle and blow it to check the flow and i feel right I dont feel like something restrict the air, the scrubs are so porous, but I keep eye on them

and yes I try to get the best report I can and posted here :cheer:

just one thing my RPM go low to 5 to 1 some times and car stop I need to let warm several minutes to drive and keep rpm normal but when i got red light some times rpm get on 5 and go back to normal I check for any leak of air with carburator cleaner and dont find anything another thing my coolant get so hot and my fan take long to get on so any advice on this :oops:

oh and my plugs was 50 = 20% are on 60 now maybe try to go back on 50 ? :S

and tomorrow im try to post the true pictures for the bits I used :)
Enrique Guevara

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ;)
-- Oscar Wilde --

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 06 Dec 2013 01:10 #15

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Probably not enough air getting in to support idle, Enrique. Computer may get accustomed in a few days operation. Look for idle stop screw touching throttle shaft side linkage turn in a bit to increase idle RPM if it has one. At cold start do you get fast idle RPM that then drops down to normal curb idle? IAC opens adding extra airflow during cold start, computer senses that and increases fuel to match then starts to close IAC valve to bring RPM back to curb idle RPM. IAC is the Idle Air Control. We restrict IAC flow (like you did) to force more of total airflow into engine through the Groove to increase groove's effect.

Was engine running hot before you did mod? Check cold coolant level and oil levels. Other than idle issue any change in how she runs?

Increase in plug gap is OK, leave that be for now. Focus on idle RPM and temp issues. If no idle stop screw and problem stays after a few days, pull TB and open IAC hole some.

Good flow on oil sep. is good, you got that and PCV mod right.

IF you would sign posts w/ your name it helps keep track of who is who. :)

I like the signiture line at bottom of your posts. B)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

03 chrysler pt cruiser any help about vacuum please 06 Dec 2013 01:35 #16

• Enrique Guevara
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Save me from my pride, Lord, My focus on just me; Help me learn to serve, Lord; Show me how to be.
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok I turn a bit "screw touching throttle shaft side linkage" looks and feel good i have to check on cold to see if work same as hot and for the coolant I guess have to check radiator cap after doing this I posting back and I regap my plugs to 74 is feel good tomorrow Im posting results about the plugs
for my respond I feel more power :cheer:
and mileage I wait this night to have the calculation I make because I dont have right tool so i check a mark on gas gauge and fill with 6 gallons last night so later when the gauge reach the mark I have to count how many miles have for the 6 gallons B) and i post here any result....

BTW i add my name on my signature.... :)
Enrique Guevara

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ;)
-- Oscar Wilde --

• Page: