• Page:

TOPIC: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi PCV system

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi PCV system 01 Oct 2020 08:35 #13

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Paul, the way I do these is I clean the oil from the large hole at the very bottom with JB. Then, I immediately turn it right side up on top of a piece of plastic. (I use the lid of the tupperware container I keep my JB in) and just wait 20 minutes and twist it. It comes loose immediately.

Then, I take my pocket knife and trim it so it will fit the hole and reinstall it.

Two things more. One, I have never had anyone complain about it, so I have never had to buy another one in advance. Just do the one you have. Why waste the money?

Two, once the JB hardens, you can simply bend the plastic and peel it from the plastic if you need to.

Enjoy!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Viacrucis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi PCV system 01 Oct 2020 13:02 #14

• Paul Viacrucis
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 13
Yep - that's exactly how I did mine and its still in tact. Just checked it yesterday and the JB is still in place. Looking forward to getting my TB order from you (placed yesterday).
Take care and I hope you're getting the help you need with your cyl. head repairs out in MT!

Paul

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi PCV system 31 Oct 2020 18:31 #15

• Paul Viacrucis
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
So today was the big day. I received my grooved TB from TracyG about a week and a half ago but didn't have the chance to install it until today. Between yakking with my son and working slow, install took maybe 45 minutes. Would have been much quicker if I was by myself.
Any ways, install went smooth with no issues. Warmed it up in the driveway and got ready for my re-learn test drive. My son and I smelled the exhaust before we installed the TB so we'd know if it made a difference after the installation. Boy did it ever! Smelled all gassy before install, smelled like a dryer vent after the install. Awesome!!
Before the install took place today, I had already plugged up the PCV about a month ago and dropped in some SnakeOil about a week and half ago. Very smooth operation after the SnakeOil application. So I have the 3 majors done to my truck now.
Took it on a approximate 50 mile test drive. Ran through the re-learn procedure as per Tracy's instructions. No issues with test drive but did notice a bit more power off the line when I was doing my full-throttle runs. Loving that!
So yes, I'm a true believer in the Gadgetman Groove system. I have experienced the positive results I was hoping for.

PS: My original goal when I found out about the "groove" was to eliminate (or nearly eliminate) my tailpipe emissions which I have done in spades. The extra power is an added bonus that just happens to work, although my engine has plenty of power and torque in factory trim. Now it has a little more.
I'm sure a time goes on, I'll notice the mileage gains but that wil take time and tanks of fuel.

Thanks very much to Ron Hatton for creating something that actually works and his willingness to share with the world! And special thanks to Tracy Galloway for taking care of me big time! You did a great job grooving my TB bud!. And thanks for the SnakeOil too!

If you're still on the fence about this, get off the fence and take the plunge. It works and I'm proof. If anyone needs to talk to me about my experience, please call or text me.

Have a blessed day,

Paul Viacrucis
360 four six one 9856
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, Tracy Gallaway, GregK, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Last edit: by Paul Viacrucis. Reason: too many attachments

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi PCV system 01 Nov 2020 08:10 #16

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
That is an EXCELLENT report, Paul! More interesting because you used the time to get closer to your son!

Now, I would like you to call in that report to my hotline! 406-686-3291.

It would be nice if you could do one reporting on The Groove, and one for the results of the Snake Oil!

And rest assured, there's more technologies coming!!!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi PCV system 01 Nov 2020 12:06 #17

• Paul Viacrucis
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
No problem Ron, I have called and left two separate reviews on the hotline.

God Bless,

Paul

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi PCV system 01 Nov 2020 18:17 #18

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Thanks for this great report, Paul!:woohoo:
I appreciate it, cause it lets me know my techniques and advice were sound.

now- adopting the accent of a French Chef to comment on your excellent results--" but of Course!"

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: