Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grooved a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country with 3.8

Grooved a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country with 3.8 26 Nov 2011 15:37 #1

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Post Thanksgiving groove of my dad's 2005 Chrysler Town & Country with 3.8 Liter. Was concerned about thickness issue, but not a problem. This TB still uses cables for activation - not fly-by-wire. I have yet to cap off PCV system - very large hose and very ridged - will do today.

Scott Castleberg
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Grooved a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country with 3.8 26 Nov 2011 22:36 #2

• Scott Castleberg
  • Thank you received: 12
Just capped off PCV valve with short piece of 5/8" heater hose and 1/2"pvc cap. I drove the van and noticed definite increase in acceleration. Then I had my dad drive it. He said it definitely feels stronger off idle - "perkier". He will keep me informed on progress.

Scott Castleberg
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Re: Grooved a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country with 3.8 27 Nov 2011 05:43 #3

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Mr. Scott, I am happy to hear you are capping off the pcv on your vehicles. Just want to remind you that it also is VERY, VERY important that you are also capping off port to the opposite valve cover vent or crankcase vent, blowby and venting this tube also. Little things in groove process are very important.

I would just like to let you know you are gonna be a great Gadgetman. Keep up the good work. Happy Thanksgiving kinda late if I haven't told you yet. Looking forward to Christmas season. God Bless you and your hand to His work!!!

Aron Cheek GadgetmanNebraska

Re: Grooved a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country with 3.8 27 Nov 2011 15:55 #4

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Aron,

Please explain what you mean by "capping off port to the opposite valve cover vent or crankcase vent, blowby and venting this tube also".

We certainly don't want to cap off the vent tube coming from the valve cover to the PCV, just where the PCV attaches to the intake. The hose coming from the valve cover to the PCV should, optimally, be rerouted into the intake airstream prior to the throttle body. We also don't want to plug off the passive ventilation. It is important when we perform mods to make sure we are absolutely sure what hoses are which and handle them accordingly. Any more thoughts anyone?

• Page: