Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: got my groove on

got my groove on 18 Mar 2013 21:41 #1

• charliebrown60
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It works, and if you've done basic maintainance on any modren vehicle you can do it too.

I've been an ASE and Ford certified auto repair tech for many years. I remember learning about the "pressure wave" that Ron talks about in his video. I remember learning how engineers learned to use that pressure wave to help move the fuel/air mix smoothly through the intake much the way an exhaust header does in the exhaust. I knew the principles were sound and if nothing else the denser air charge would mean an increase in cylinder filling and that means more power and who doesn't want that. Ron "put his groove on" a throttle body for my 95 Ford Ranger. When I talked to him he said right up front that my 2.3 litre 4 cyl. wasn't a good candidate for good mileage gains. I was really just looking for more torque from my little engine. That, he said was a sure bet. I verified I was vac. leak free, only a egr valve and a brake booster to check and they both passed easily. Recorded tps voltage at idle, removed my throttle body,transferred my iac and tps. Dumped the pcm's adaptive strategy and made the swap. OK some things to note, some adaptive strategy is read only and has to be cleared with a scan tool,a good rule of thumb is anything without a distributor is worth verifying. Another is "drive cycles". Every mfg. does things a bit differently and no matter who built it it will take longer if it's a manual trans for the adaptive strategy to "wrap itself" around the groove. Now for the bad news, Ron was wrong, after full tank #1 I'm recording about a 10% INCREASE in fuel economy IN TOWN! AND an obvious increase in torque at lower rpm's where I can use it the most. I went to see my girl in Topeka over the weekend, a trip of about 120 miles that typically used 6 gallons round trip, sorry Ron, only used 5 gallons this last time.
Get grooved people, it works,it's cheap, it's LEGAL and best of all it's GREEN. Kudos Ron.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

got my groove on 19 Mar 2013 06:51 #2

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you, Mr. Brown!

(Would any who read this please remember to use your real name and sign your messages please?)

While it is true that virtually every engine will get better mileage, my goal is 100% increases as a starting point. Many Fords from 97-2003 generate that level of gains in short order. Sad, really, that yours is showing only about 15% overall.

You see, anyone that gets less than a 20% gain I offer my apologies. Not that I can do much about it, but THEY can, and we-by continuing our research-will begin to offer one solution at a time that WILL give every vehicle double mileage with substantial increases in power.

There is much to the effects of The Groove, many of which I am sure are yet to be discovered.

The biggest fight we have will most probably never be solved by a head-on approach. And that is how the ECU is programmed to calculate, rather than SENSE what the engine needs. This is becoming more and more prevalent and is a BEAR to solve for! How can you successfully overcome this?

That is what I am working on right now. Anyone that has solutions. GIVE EM UP!!!

Ron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: