Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2001 Ford Navigator 5.4 w/ Dbl Port - Smells like...Hot Air!

2001 Ford Navigator 5.4 w/ Dbl Port - Smells like...Hot Air! 10 Jul 2013 21:57 #1

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
To my Gadgetman Brothers & Sisters,

Just Grooved a 2001 Navigator 5.4 Double Port and Cable Driven TB . Very easy removal with the PCV right on top of intake just behind the TB under the cover. Plus I used the LARGE bit with NO blow-out.

There were getting 13 mpg regularly. After the Mod and re-learn run I brought them back to the tail pipe. "See what your exhaust smells like for me" I said. After hesitantly taking a big whiff (and me resisting to put words in their mouth) they said, "Smells like... like HOT AIR" :cheer:

They then began to talk about how many other people they know who would love this. That's what we call "Free Marketing Baby" :lol:

Mileage report will come in a few weeks.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2001 Ford Navigator 5.4 w/ Dbl Port - Smells like...Hot Air! 11 Jul 2013 16:40 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Excellent Tim! ;)

Looks very similar to the '99 Triton V10 TB. Easy-Peesy one to Groove! PCV right on top, and customer Gets It about the exhaust smell! Woo-Hoo! I smell a winner here!!

Look for More of 'Em! :evil:

isn't it Sweet... :P

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

2001 Ford Navigator 5.4 w/ Dbl Port - Smells like...Hot Air! 16 Oct 2013 16:35 #3

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I realized I never put my mileage report up on this Navigator. I see this family often and they are getting an extra 80-100 more miles per tank of gas! They are super pleased!

I'll take that all day long!

2001 Ford Navigator 5.4 w/ Dbl Port - Smells like...Hot Air! 16 Oct 2013 20:17 #4

• 4wheelBill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tim did you do any thing to the IAC valve.
Bill Tyson

2001 Ford Navigator 5.4 w/ Dbl Port - Smells like...Hot Air! 16 Oct 2013 20:52 #5

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For all you Gadgetmen out there, from my experience ALL Fords in the Truck Series from '98-2002 generally get double their mileage, and enduringly.

Once, I had one that was so good, it would throw a P-0435 code once a tank (Cat below efficiency) that would occur. I dealt with that by resetting the codes, but could never get rid of it.

That was an 02 Expedition, 4.6L. It was mine (now it's Debbie's wherever she's hiding in shame) and I didn't mind resetting it myself but you might want to warn your customers! I didn't mind because I went from around 7 to more than 16 in town!

Love you guys!

Ron

2001 Ford Navigator 5.4 w/ Dbl Port - Smells like...Hot Air! 16 Oct 2013 21:48 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Thanks for that great news, Tim! And Ron!

OK, now thanks to both of you fine guys, I see a defined group of Ford trucks to "target". My experience w/ '99 Ford Triton V10's re-inforces this info. I gotta talk to somebody 'bout this...

Glad to see input from ya, Tim, anything else shakin' your way?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: