Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1999 Lincoln Navigator - 5.4 Liter V8

1999 Lincoln Navigator - 5.4 Liter V8 02 Aug 2013 16:04 #1

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
I finally got someone to try out what I know to be the greatest upgrade anyone can do to their ride. The Groove will be going on to this navigator tomorrow, as I get closer to the (6) vehicles Ron spoke about in training to get others talking.

Will be doing research on the MAF and ITS upgrades to see if I can do them at the same time. This vehicle is driven 70 miles one way to work 3 times a week, so mileage is very important when you're filling a 35 gallon tank once a week.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed, i'll be posting pictures and maybe a video if I can get the vehicle owner to go along with it tomorrow evening. Most importantly though I believe this vehicle will do well with the groove and get the vehicle owner talking to everyone else they know about it.

Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1999 Lincoln Navigator - 5.4 Liter V8 05 Aug 2013 11:49 #2

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Groove went well, tough little throttle body though and I spent a lot of time making sure the bit was nice and cool.

Will upload pictures as soon as I can, was a bit of a crazy day with me getting my truck towed back home on the way to the vehicles home. Luckily it was only a 20 mile tow back to the house. Looks like a fuel pump is in my future.

Ken

1999 Lincoln Navigator - 5.4 Liter V8 07 Aug 2013 15:30 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hey Ken, sorry 'bout yer fuel pump, hope the Groove job went well. Murphy sure likes to toss in his monkey wrench at the worst time...I've thought about doing the Groove as a mobile gig, having all my tools and other stuff at hand here is like a security blanket I have trouble letting go of...

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

1999 Lincoln Navigator - 5.4 Liter V8 07 Aug 2013 22:04 #4

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Vehicle owner called me tonight and stated that he is seeing a 10%-15% improvement in fuel mileage on the hwy. So put this one down for a success, if I can convince him to replace the o2 sensors maybe he can get a little more out of this 5.4 with 227k miles on it.

As to murphy getting the best of me Tracy, i'm not letting him bother me. At least I wasn't 50 miles from home, and the mobile rig is something i've been messing around with for a few months. Need to get my truck running so i can start doing this for other people once I get my first 6 grooves out of the way.

Ken

1999 Lincoln Navigator - 5.4 Liter V8 08 Aug 2013 20:44 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Thumbs up Ken! righto on the O2's that should also help.

Yes at least you weren't struck by a meteorite or drove into a sinkhole, right! One does need a certain adventurous expeditionary spirit for this endeavor.

If there was a Gadgetman hat, should it be like a Kepi as worn by the French Foriegn Legion, or maybe a hard-hat is better...?

Anyhow put a notch in the 'ol bit box, we don't have holsters :side:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

1999 Lincoln Navigator - 5.4 Liter V8 09 Aug 2013 08:22 #6

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Finally found my camera cord, I suppose I just need to break down and get me a card reader for my ol' puter and ditch the cords being lost for cameras.

If any of the advanced 'Groover's' see anything I missed or that needs to be capped please let me know.

Picture of the groove, angle of picture is a little odd as it was a very sunny day.

Capped pcv port to intake, note that there are 2 other connections to this same port. Chilton gave no indication to what they were at all.

PCV port 'Y' connection, this thing had vacuum hoses going everywhere.

Thanks,
Ken

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page: