Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pcv valve

Pcv valve 13 Apr 2014 09:38 #1

• Johnnywelder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello, I have tried the groove on my TBI for my 94 burb and have noticed a big difference in the throttle response, very positive.i only have one question. I noticed that in some of the videos the pcv valve is plugged or blocked off.where do you reroute the valve so get the vacuum for the valve to open.do you branch off the intake. Thanx. John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pcv valve 13 Apr 2014 19:24 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Johnny, Ron taught us to cap the manifold vac. source that sucks the PCV vapors into the intake man. We then take the PCV hose, the now open end of it, and tee it into the fresh air makeup Breather hose on other side of engine. Crankcase will now vent passively in reverse direction back thru breather into air filter. Idea is to preserve man. vacuum but still allow crankcase to ventilate, it must never be sealed up! Some myself included have had adverse effects from doing this in winter some engines build up too much water vapor in crankcase without manifold vac. to actively purge crankcase.
So now I'd say it's a summertime mod, If done the crankcase and oil need closely watched in winter.

Welcome to GadgetmanLand, we'd like to see pics of your work if you have any to share!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Pcv valve 19 Apr 2014 10:11 #3

• emb120
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am having a groove put into my '03 Hummer H2, and plan to plug the pcv and reroute. What type of hose are you using for the reroute and what size T connector? I'm having a hard time finding anything bigger than a 3/8" T, and I think that will be too small. Where did you find these supplies?

Thanks

Pete

Pcv valve 19 Apr 2014 11:41 #4

• Johnnywelder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello, my pcv valve on my 1994 chev suburban is 3/8 fitting so I just used some 3/8 fuel line and a 3/8 plastic T. It seems to breath okay. I haven't seen gains in mileage but i have seen in throttle respond. Also I guess I forgot to add to my last post that I am from spalding sasketchewan canada. John

Pcv valve 22 Apr 2014 22:38 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Pete regarding parts to re-route PCV's-

My Subaru has large PCV and breather nipple fittings, think they are in the range of 5/8" or 3/4". I look for various tee's and assorted fittings at O'reilly Auto Parts, NAPA, other parts houses AND various hardware stores.Auto parts stores- look for the Help! brand section. Home Depot, Lowes, etc. carry a selection in the Irrigation/Plumbing dept's. To be a Gadgetman also means being resourceful, I've learned to cast a wide search. Hoses are easy just look at heater and fuel hoses at any auto parts store, and hardware stores will also have some plastic and vinyl kinds in irrigation, though be mindful of heat compatibility. The clear/translucent and loose weave fabric reinforced vinyl kinds can be good to be able to see what's going thru the hoses, even just a short section properly placed. Another type supplier is Hydraulic supply houses for tractors big rigs, well drilling mining etc. Farm/ranch supply stores are likely places too. Any such store that cariies Parker brand stuff is a good source for fittings and hoses, very high quality though spendy.

With high quality fittings and hoses we can consider innovative approaches. Think of any trade that plumbs liquids w/ flexible lines, then look for their suppliers.

I've been experimenting w/ another approach to supplemental fuel vaporization, and use of parts from these kind of suppliers has been vital. A different method from Dan's supplemental injector type- that of deserved and growing fame-, a method useful for those with carburetors as I have. But that's another story, I will tell of it soon.

hope this helps Pete!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Pcv valve 08 Jun 2015 17:01 #6

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
this may be off topic - and for another thread on here entirely - but I had to share.
I found a commercially available catch-can/air-oil seperator for the PCV system re-route (It seems the Ford EcoBoost engines have a moisture buildup problem). It's exactly as Tracy's posted design.

These guys want hundreds of dollars:
Welcome to MAK Performance Group - Power Without Compromise
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Pcv valve 08 Jun 2015 17:58 #7

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
It's close enuf, IMHO, Greg. Just that I don't use any check valves, that could be added if needed.

well there you go, long as you don't have an Ecoboost engine, just copy my ideas or do something similar. I ought to find a way to make a sexy lookin' version of what I have made and sell it online for stupid $$!

shameless self promo follows: These people are reading in this forum and stealing our ideas, I'm tellin' ya. More proof we are on the right track! ;)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: more info as usual
  • Page: