Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2011 5.0 Coyote

2011 5.0 Coyote 19 Apr 2014 14:18 #1

• emb120
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Has anyone grooved one of these engines? Mine is in a 2011 Mustang with a Boss 302 intake. Any MPG numbers? Cap PCV system?

Thanks

Pete

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2011 5.0 Coyote 22 Apr 2014 22:02 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
hi Pete, I havent done any late model Ford's- none of the drive by wire ones. But- I have done 5 or 6 earlier Ford's w/ cable drive throttles, and they are my favorites.

IF anyone who has done a DBW Ford TB- can you speak to the potential issue of Groove location in the TB? That is- is it good practice to block the throttle blade closed with a business card in the opposite side of the bore, as has been noted to work with the GM Vortec DBW TB's? Is the dark carbon stain typical on the TB wall at the idle position to indicate the proper throttle plate pre-positioning? Said differently- should one use the business card technique, or otherwise? I would love to know, as I have not Grooved any other DBW besides the Chevy Vortec 5.3.

would love to clear this one up, there are so Many Ford DBW TB models around now.

The earlier Ford's are noteworthy for ease of Groove install and uniformly excellent results.

Pete, pics of your TB and top engine views would really help the other Gadgetmen help you, if you care to post em! ;)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: