• Page:

TOPIC: Hole in new throttle body plate? Is this okay? Picture

Hole in new throttle body plate? Is this okay? Picture 26 Oct 2014 03:18 #1

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
included.

I shipped Ron my first ever grooved throttle body that I did. Long story short Ron told me to get a new one. :oops:

He told me I did the groove too deep. So I went on Ebay looking for throttle bodies that will fit my 1996 Ford Taurus model LX. It has a 3.0 V6 Duratec DOHC engine. I did find one. It listed it a 1997 Mercury Mariner. The Mercury Mariner and my Ford Taurus both share the same engine. I looked into it more and this new throttle body would be compatible.

When I got this new throttle body. I noticed something different right away. A hole on the throttle body plate.

Like this:

That's not my throttle body just a general picture from Google images. But a very good example of what my new throttle body looks like.

The original throttle body on my Ford Taurus did not have the hole. That was the only difference. Everything else was the exact same. I already paid for it and did not have enough money for a new one and just put it on. When I ordered it I shipped it to Ron's house to have it grooved and then he shipped it back to me.

I put it on and everything was fine. No engine codes whatsoever.

I am just wondering do I need a new throttle body because of the hole? I really hope not. Will this hole not matter at all?

What's the purpose of these holes on the throttle body plate anyways?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Like Ron says "keep on groovin'!"

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hole in new throttle body plate? Is this okay? Picture 26 Oct 2014 07:27 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
doesnt hurt a bit it allowa a very small amount of air at idle alotof ford products have this ive filled the hole but makes no difference

Hole in new throttle body plate? Is this okay? Picture 26 Oct 2014 18:02 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Dont worry 'bout it, that hole is common on Fords.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: