Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1992 5.7 tbi 1997 s-10 blazer

92 5.7 tbi 97 s-10 blazer 20 Dec 2014 22:09 #1

• EcoPete
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
after throttle plate mods, what if any tricks to fool computer...add ons resisters ect
Thanks new2 this

Please Log in to join the conversation.

92 5.7 tbi 97 s-10 blazer 21 Dec 2014 11:34 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Welcome, 'Pete!
Poke around in the Forums and you'll find ALL sorts of food for thought about tweaks to your ride, as well as recipes and guidance. This is a great place with friendly, helpful people...but you have to do some work on your own, first.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: EcoPete

92 5.7 tbi 97 s-10 blazer 24 Dec 2014 11:18 #3

• EcoPete
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for info..like to get started with license, but having probs linking up with e-mail? need form or best way to grooving, if still possible. Thanks

the dao of the gadgetman 24 Dec 2014 12:33 #4

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Happy Holidays, Pete.

I'm sure you won't be hearing back from the office until next week, if not the first of the new year.

In the meantime, there ARE things you can be doing to prep your truck:
Get your ride's chi and chakras all aligned before seeking nirvana in the groove

-Have you watched all the YouTube Videos on the Gadgetman channel?
-do you have a way to monitor how your engine responds to the changes you make?
-start keeping track of your mileage if you aren't already
-clean your throttle body and IAC valve, adjust your idle to factory spec
-have you cleaned your air filter and MAF sensor lately?
-sort out your truck's electrics so that the ECU gets clean signal from all sensors. Grounding is key
-Increase your spark plug gap size, which effectively advances your engine timing, but may expose ignition system issues
-check your engine's compression and make necessary repairs.
-seek out and destroy engine vacuum leaks.
-check for exhaust leaks as well
-how old are your truck's oxygen sensors? are they of an age that they should be replaced?
-Have you read up on the MPG Remedy? a bit of Chemistry can go a LONG way
-what other mods might you be able to perform on your engine to maximize its efficiency in advance of the groove? on my truck, there is a thermostat replacement, an EGR system defeat and a cooling system bypass, an electric fan replacement...Heck, even things like wheel bearings and alignment, electrical system load, aerodynamics can have an effect on your fuel consumption/energy efficiency/greenhouse gas emissions. I'm sure you'll find a few when you start digging in to it.

There's a good list to start going through until you hear back...all of these will lead to knowing your vehicle REALLY well, so that you can deal with curveballs as they come. Remember, this is a process, a quest you're embarking on rather than a quick fix or miracle cure.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

92 5.7 tbi 97 s-10 blazer 24 Dec 2014 13:08 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Heysoundude said it best, Ecopete! :)

IF you are seeking better efficiency from your ride, first pursue all the ideas Heysoundude points out. Gotta set the stage first for best results. The Fat Lady ain't gonna come out on stage, if there's no cast, costumes, props, set, and rehearsals first. So many have bought the PL first, Grooved their ride, THEN wondered why they didn't see expected results. Plenty to get right before the Groove, esp. old O2 sensors and VAC. LEAKS!! :angry: Best of Luck to you sir, do tell of your ride, ask Q/A, do homework here, We now have a lot of info in the Index. The pre-Groove preps can give impressive gains all on their own! As yours is a GM TBI, you will find posts on that engine and TB in the GM section as well as in other categories, like Service Bulletins. Pics show the special JB epoxy techniques to apply when you get to that stage. In meantime, Manifold vac is a place to concentrate on (intake man. gaskets). A healthy 350 smallblock (5.7) in an S-10 Blazer has awesome power potential, is this an engine swap or orig.?

Merry Christmas!! :cheer: ;)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: ever more info

92 5.7 tbi 97 s-10 blazer 24 Dec 2014 15:19 #6

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Right, Pre-Groove Prep has thus far almost doubled my average mileage since I started my quest in September...and I'm not done yet! Still lots to do before the Groove gets applied.
The biggest thing that's contributed to that is readjusting my driving style. I've Corrected my former throttle-mashing ways. Just cruising about town now, I'm getting better than EPA mileage ratings for my vehicle. 30% better. And this is in a 14 year old vehicle with a quarter million miles on it. I'm guessing you can achieve similar results if you're diligent, Pete.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

• Page: