Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2009 f150 5.4l 3v needs the groove

09 f150 5.4l 3v needs the groove 03 Apr 2016 17:17 #1

• Ford1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has cut a groove on a newer f150 5.4l 09-14? Or done the pcv block off or any other efficiency mods?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

09 f150 5.4l 3v needs the groove 04 Apr 2016 20:20 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Ford1, well, I haven't done one of those newer Fords, but I've done several other Fords, they all worked well. Yours should be Drive By Wire type TB. That is a small discussion on it's own. You can go ahead and try the PCV re-route trick, just DIY it, It's been discussed here a zillion times, just ask Q/A we can help!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

09 f150 5.4l 3v needs the groove 05 Apr 2016 17:59 #3

• Ford1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

My name is Dave and thanks for reply. My truck has pcv valve located on driver side valve cover and I have the hose disconnected from that and I just taped off end of hose that goes Into air intake manifold, on passenger side I see where the valve cover gets air supply from air filter not sure what to do about that side? If I wanted my TB to be done who would you recommend? Or could I send it to you? How much do you charge?

09 f150 5.4l 3v needs the groove 05 Apr 2016 19:00 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Dave, you can email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I can do the Groove for you.

for the PCV re-route, take the hose from the PCV valve, leave it on the PCV. Take other open end of hose and tee it into the fresh air hose between the pass. side valve cover and the air filter. Cap off the manifold vacuum port the PCV hose was originally attached to.

There are a few things about your Ford to discuss related to Grooving the throttle body, we can go over those details.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

09 f150 5.4l 3v needs the groove 14 Apr 2016 01:07 #5

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Dave,
TracyG is one of the most accomplished gadgetmen around. And Fords respond well to the groove...
Keep us posted on this please!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

• Page: