Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gapping Spark Plugs In Turbo Engines

Gapping Spark Plugs In Turbo Engines 28 Apr 2019 18:37 #1

• Simon Burdett
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 4
Has anyone increased the gap in a turbo engine?

If so, what has been your results?

My mechanic has advised against this, so I require feed back from people who have done this, thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Gapping Spark Plugs In Turbo Engines 28 Apr 2019 22:11 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Misfires CAN be caused my increasing the gap TOO MUCH, Simon, but that's part of the adjustment process. You eliminate the possibility when you follow the instructions.

But you've got to do it yourself. Only AFTER do you tell him, so you can tell him you thought about it, and tell him then what happened.

Follow the instructions. But you've got to READ them, my friend, to know that's covered!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Gapping Spark Plugs In Turbo Engines 28 Apr 2019 22:22 #3

• Simon Burdett
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Still waiting on feedback on one of your satisfied customers who has actually successfully increased the gap on their turbo engine.

Gapping Spark Plugs In Turbo Engines 28 Apr 2019 22:34 #4

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
To the best of my recollection, there hasn’t been much talk of turbo/supercharged engines that have been grooved, Simon, so you might be waiting a while.
Of course, you could go against your mechanic’s recommendation and try it on your vehicle to see what happens. It could make a difference, and it could be in a good way. We’re trailblazers around here, remember. I hope you choose to bravely take the chance, and report back here with positive results.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Simon Burdett

Gapping Spark Plugs In Turbo Engines 29 Apr 2019 03:18 #5

• Simon Burdett
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Thank you, I'll just wait for an actual successful example before I go against the advice of experts in their field.

Gapping Spark Plugs In Turbo Engines 30 Apr 2019 17:30 #6

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask Ron if you remembered the Ford Mustang that had the supercharger? You did the groove to a couple of the Ron Fielder vehicles but i remembered the Youtube video of the Mustang GT. Since it was supercharged, it might be helpful to know if you had increased the gap on that car? Also, I wanted to ask my fellow gadgetmans if running a colder spark plug and increasing the gap would work for these forced inducted situations? My friends and I have been doing alot of turbo,nitrous, supercharged cars and anytime we increased boost or added a "kit" to a vehicle we would use colder plugs and the correct fuel octane to run safely. We never messed with the gap though. Putting my 2 cents in and hopefully I can contribute to the discussion. Keep grooving everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Burdett

Gapping Spark Plugs In Turbo Engines 01 May 2019 11:46 #7

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I've been researching ignition lately, and I stumbled across an interesting quote:
Unsung Motor Industry Hero: F.L. Winterburn and his Capacitor Discharge Ignition
Increasing the electrical current at the time of ignition burns fuel more completely... I've got to dig deeper into this.

That article references another one:
CDI
I haven't read it yet...

but given the Pogue Carburetor and this ignition system, It makes me wonder why the Vested Interest (big oil and government) conspired against Canadians 60+yrs ago, and why our own government continues to do so.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Last edit: by GregK. Reason: links must be inserted with the macro
  • Page: