Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: I wonder what would happen if we......

I wonder what would happen if we...... 21 Aug 2019 23:14 #1

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
History: So i grooved a 2007 Dodge Dakota 4.7L. Upon the customers test drive, he experienced power gains, a jump of 1.5mpg increase, and a clean tailpipe! Here's the video for reference.

About a week later, he called and said "this truck takes off with so much power now, if i let anyone so much as run an errand with it i think it could be dangerous!" Though he LOVED the additional power he gained, he feared others wouldn't be able to handle it. Remember this is a dodge dakota!!!! So i ordered him a used throttle, and placed the groove at about 20% throttle angle. Here's that video:

He called back and said it was much better, still plenty of power, but not like a dragster anymore. So it got me thinking about power hungry adrenaline folks out there (like me!!)... What if i were to cut TWO grooves? One at plate's closed position like normal, AND one at the 20% angle?! Theoretically, i think the 2nd groove would allow another BIG increase for that power range! Now on my "testing list". What do you guys think?
Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Michael Lee.

I wonder what would happen if we...... 22 Aug 2019 07:35 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I mused on this yesterday, actually - something must've been in the air!
I pondered a smaller groove closer to the plate to slow the effect down coming off closed/idle, and then a larger/deeper one further downstream, to account for more air and a more open throttle plate.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: