Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: How does Snake Oil do its thing?

How does Snake Oil do its thing? 10 Nov 2019 18:11 #1

• Judge
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 6
I have gone to the snakeoil.wtf website (great name for a website, by the way!) and looked around but didn't find what I was looking for. So here are my questions:

1) Does SnakeOil (SO) adhere/attach to the metal through heat, through attraction or some other way? (If I can understand HOW it adheres to the metal then I can come up with other uses).
2) Can SO be used in a 'cold lubricant' environment (chains on bicycles, wheel bearings on skate boards, etc) as opposed to a hot lubricant environment like a combustion engine?
3) Does the active ingredient in SO need a delivery system like oil in a car, or water in a cooling system?
4) Does Hexagonal Borate Nitride (HBN) adhere only to metal (steel) or does it adhere to other materials too (i.e. ceramics, plastic or rubber)?
5) What other metals does HBN adhere to (or coat) apart from mild steel?

That's it for the questions for the time being.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Judge.

How does Snake Oil do its thing? 10 Nov 2019 19:06 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
I moved my reply to the Snake Oil discussion topic under Open Discussions so those in that thread could read my response.

I prefer it when people take the information I provide, and find their own ansers, but many are simply too lazy and want it all spoon-fed to them! They'll NEVER do anything new THAT way!

Here's a direct link. Snake Oil Evaluation Program - Page 2 - Groovy Forums
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ron Hatton.
  • Page: