Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L 2v motor

2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L 2v motor 20 Jun 2020 00:03 #1

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Went and bought the wife a new to us car last week. '02 town car. Wife is super happy and this thing runs like a dream I tell ya. Who care if we look like grandparents driving, those young folks have just never driven on of these. This one has 124k miles on it, fluids look super clean and everything runs glass smooth.

So the Oil, Trans, Power-steering and gear oil has been snaked for the last 200-300 miles that we've put on it. This weekend I plan on changing out the fluids and putting in fresh while having a chance to run down those vacuum lines. I mean ford put that throttle body right on top, i can't just leave it there without improving it can I? No, I can't.

So i've ordered high output coil packs to go with some ngk plugs (cause i'm increasing that gap....) and changing fluids, filters. I might steal the fuel line magnets from my truck for this car as well to go along with the groove and pcv changes. Is there an IAC valve mod that I need to do on these things?

If any other gadgetmen have any idea of what I need to be on the lookout please let me know. i'm shooting for 30mpg on the highway with this old v8. And there is tons of room under this hood for modifications.

Hope all you fathers out there have a great weekend, i'll have my dremel out.

Ken
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L 2v motor 20 Jun 2020 10:33 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Granatelli wires would likely be best to get the power from those bigger ignition coils to the spark gap.
Have you gone with Iridium or rhodium plugs?

don't change the fluids if you've got the snake oil in there!!! 200-300 miles isn't enough for the full effects...good things take time.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: