Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello my family Just a few questions and concerns

Hello my family Just a few questions and concerns 07 Jul 2020 16:31 #1

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
First off. I really hope Ron is quickly recovering! I truly wish him the best. He deserves it!

I want to order the groove but since Ron is out of commission at the moment. Who will groove the throttle body and send it my way?

About the PCV valve system. I currently have the vacuum side on the PCV valve filled with JB WELD. Put the hoses back to the default OEM locations. I can access the vacuum port on the intake manifold very easily.
Are there better improvements like mileage and power if I fill the vacuum port on the intake manifold with JB Weld??

Over the years I've talked to my former employers, acquaintances, family and friends about the Gadgetman Groove. I've been met with 2 remarks of resistance.

1. It will void the warranty on my new vehicle! Sorry I can't do it.

2. I've looked into it and I heard this won't work on newer vehicles. The computer won't allow it. Sorry.

Has anyone run into these issues before? How did you solve it?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello my family Just a few questions and concerns 08 Jul 2020 10:54 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Hello Juan -
To the best of my knowledge and understanding, there are only 3 people certified by Ron to apply the groove in the world, and those are Ron himself, Tracy Galloway in Reno Nevada and Michael in Minnesota. You could become one yourself, as I believe still has sets of bits to gift to people who take the training.to become certified.

Filling the PCV valve is enough - I wouldn't advise filling the port on your intake, because reversing that is quite a chore.

new vehicle warranty - this is something to be mindful and cautious about. IF a major issue develops, and it is discovered by the people doing the warranty repair that you have modified the vehicle, they could make a case to the manufacturer to deny your warranty coverage. I would only advise grooving a vehicle once it is past any warranty period - which is usually where the manufacturer wants you to consider buying a new car. Choosing to put the groove on at that point should (and generally does) make it perform better than it did when it was new.

computer - You truly must think holistically about the car, just like the computer does for the manufacturer. We've been doing this long enough now to understand how the computer works and what it looks for from various sensors, namely the upstream oxygen sensor(s) and the MAP sensor (if your car has one, which most do these days), and we know how to modify the signal the computer sees after the groove has been added to keep it happy...and the cost of applying those fixes is quickly returned in fuel savings.

I hope this helps you solidify your commitment to modifying your vehicle with The Groove.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Hello my family Just a few questions and concerns 09 Jul 2020 15:18 #3

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
How new is your vehicle? I have done a Acura ILX 2.4 Mt 6sp. That car felt like it had nos as soon as the pedal was pushed and still managed to get 3-5mpg more.

• Page: