Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2003 Ford F150 5.4L V8 2 valve TB Grooved

2003 Ford F150 5.4L V8 2 valve TB Grooved 11 Feb 2021 00:25 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Here's the latest Groovy Throttle Body for a customer of the Website. Lately, the Ford's are comin' outta the woodwork!

This is for our Customer Bryan, down in Georgia. This is just about the easiest TB to Groove there is. Super straightforward, no epoxy needed, no danger of bit breakthrough. This was done with the Large bit. Of course we always use the largest bit that will fit.
For any new Gadgetmen, if you want to practice on something simple, go find one of these Ford 5.4 or 4.6L cable drive TB's.

Got a nice even clean Groove in this one, and it cleaned up nicely in the sandblaster too. I'm certain Bryan will have great results with this Grooved TB.

Thanks, Bryan it was a pleasure!

Tracy G Senior Gadgetman Reno Nevada
Welcome to Gadgetman Land! The Gadgetman Groove: The World's Best in Fuel Economy Modhouse Manager
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2003 Ford F150 5.4L V8 2 valve TB Grooved 11 Feb 2021 11:02 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I'll second Tracy's "this is a good one to start on" - I did one for a friend's 2001 4.6L and he loved it until the gubmint decided the body was too rusty to be safe and pulled the truck off the road.
He wanted to make sure he could easily go back to stock, so he bought a replacement (used) TB to groove...and I still have the original stock one ungrooved I suppose I could put the Groove on and sell it if anyone's looking...
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

2003 Ford F150 5.4L V8 2 valve TB Grooved 07 Mar 2021 22:54 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Well, if my experience is any guide, you should, Greg. The Groove always has worked on these 4.6 and 5.4L Ford's, Like, EVERY time!!
Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: