Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG

1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG 20 Apr 2011 02:25 #1

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I modified a 1995 Ford F-150 with a 4.9 liter six cylinder. The pre-groove mpg was 18. The first tank showed an increase to 23.5 miles per gallon for over a 30% gain in efficiency! That is tremendous for a full-size pick up. At $4 gas it will save the owner about $52 per 1,000 miles.

The truck also shows a definite increase, subjectively, in power through the range of gears.

5 Gas Analysis: Hydrocarbons dropped from 173ppm to 20, NOx from 25 to 0, CO .29 to 0, O2 10.4 to 9.7, and CO2 6.7 to 7.3.

What do you folks think?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Nick.

Re: 1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG 01 May 2011 18:35 #2

• Caryb1999
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That is Awesome!! Nice video's. With gas prices climbing...Grooving anything that runs on gas is a no brainer..

Re: 1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG 10 May 2011 17:59 #3

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I just spoke with the owner of the F-150 and he said the truck's mpg is holding at the same 30% gain in efficiency. This was definitely a successful modification.

Re: 1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG 10 May 2011 22:13 #4

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

GadgetmanFingerlakes wrote: 5 Gas Analysis: Hydrocarbons dropped from 173ppm to 20, NOx from 25 to 0, CO .29 to 0, O2 10.4 to 9.7, and CO2 6.7 to 7.3.What do you folks think?

This is really representative of the gains in this class of vehicle. You obviously did a fine job on the modification! (Score +1 Karma for posting this!) I should very much like to see the current numbers and compare them to the original readings. I believe you will find the CO2 greatly reduced now, as the exhaust system tends to burn off a lot of the "Plaque" of HC's during the first 20 or so hours of runtime.

I will ask for one thing in posting your numbers, Nick. This is that you give the dates and miles driven (approx.) between the mod and the test. As you know, the computer and the entire engine continues to adapt!

Thanks again for the post!

Ron
Gadgetman

Last edit: by Ron.

Re: 1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG 19 May 2011 03:33 #5

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This particular throttle body will be one of the first we will be offering at the GadgetmanGlobal eBay store we are planning to open in the next 30 days. The store will make it possible for folks without a local Gadgetman and who don't want their vehicle out of commission for a few days while they send in the throttle body, to buy a pre-modified unit. So keep your eyes open on this website for the opening announcement!

Re: 1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG 28 Jan 2012 13:59 #6

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For those skeptics with the two barrel Ford throttle body setup. It responds incredibly to the Groove! Check out this post. The vehicle is still performing as when modified. The gains in mileage and horsepower are even without the Ford IAC reduction gasket installed!

Re: 1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG 30 Jan 2012 14:13 #7

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is great news and something to show 3 people who want this type of throttle body done.

Thank you Nick for reposting this one.

Did you check out the number of views, 1607 views.

Good talking with you yesturday.

God Bless you and your efforts for our family of Gadgeteers!!!

Re: 1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG 21 May 2012 16:21 #8

• CARMandP
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
As a shop owner in TN I have one of these trucks as a personal mode of transportation. Would love to do this or have it done to my truck. Maybe I missed the link but did you post the pictures/video for this mod?

Re: 1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG 22 May 2012 01:36 #9

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi CarMandP,

I didn't do a video or pictures of this modification. If you want to get your truck done or have any questions, give me a call and we can make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,

Nick

Re: 1995 F-150 Pickup Gets 30% Gain in MPG 01 Jun 2012 12:36 #10

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For all of you that read this, we have a topic started specifically for Performance and Mileage gains. Please, please PLEASE take the time to make an additional post on your gains there.

This is all about building your business. You see, many MANY people come here looking for an answer to "What can I expect from The Gadgetman Groove?" and only you can answer that.

Let's give The People what they want, and then we can give them what they NEED!

Thanks!

• Page: