Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2011 ford fiesta 1.6

2011 ford fiesta 1.6 03 Jan 2012 23:11 #1

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just finishing a groove on a 2011 ford fiesta 1.6 l throttle body alumn took star bit to remove, plastic intake so remember when you replace to turn screws back till they click then tighten. Before mod 38 mpg hwy 33 with small trailor. groove went well, no need for jb really thick. cust. noticed more power and less rpm at 70 mph Engine ran smooth he`s driving to Branson Mo. then to Colorado,he`ll keep me posted. This was a referral off the internet. I didn`t plug pcv as its electrical operated and is far away from throttle body.So guys dont be afraid to tackle the new stuff if it comes to you as they work just as well. This customer seemed well informed and knowledgeable on the dynamics and freq. It makes my day to work on these things especially when they understand how it works as we talk on the same wavelength. Keep grooving Dan Gadgetman Mo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2011 ford fiesta 1.6 04 Jan 2012 01:46 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dan,

Good news on the new stuff. Be interested to see the results without the pcv MOD. If the PCV control is the same concept as the California product there should be some improvement.

It would have been interesting to note the manifold vacuum for that configuration. I think I would still prefer to move it to the air intake plenum side just to optimize the manifold vacuum.

Now if we can just get the rest of them educated.

Great News.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

Re: 2011 ford fiesta 1.6 04 Jan 2012 02:43 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes that makes 2 2011 vehicles for me power seems great now hope we get some good mileage gain. The cruize still only a 2 mpg gain but it has a turbo and I think thats part of the resistance in higher mpg. The fiesta made a big diff in rpm I expect some good mpg out of it and the rating of the fiesta says that it needs another gear so the groove takes the place, less downshifting also.

Re: 2011 ford fiesta 1.6 06 Jan 2012 02:10 #4

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just got an email from the fiesta man said he showing a small improvement and he`ll let me know exact on his way back from col. Little groove makes a diff.

Re: 2011 ford fiesta 1.6 03 Feb 2012 22:16 #5

• Inspector Gadget
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey! That's my car!
I just joined the Gadgetman forum and have signed on as a soon-to-be-certified Gadgetman.
I made the trip to CO and told friends about my experience with the groove and they said that I should learn it and then do it to their cars. A seed of an idea was planted, one thing lead to another, and now I'm part of the Gadgetman family.

Puling the empty trailer from Missouri out to Denver I had 36mpg.
In Denver with the trailer dropped, city driving, I was experiencing 43 to 46mpg.
Did a day trip up in the mountains and back. They whole day trip averaged 41mpg.
On the way back to MO the trailer was fully loaded and I had 34mpg. This is better then the 32mpg I had for a trip with the lightly-loaded trailer down to GA and back (before the groove). I wonder how much difference the altitude made.

The hills around Branson are crazy big. When I leave my driveway I feel like I am in the space shuttle, almost lying on my back, so it's not a good place to get an accurate mpg reading. I am getting about 43mpg now. I think the vehicle computer is confused because of all the hills, pulling a trailer, mountain driving and now just the car again back in MO. I'm not driving a lot right now so it will take a while for the computer to work itself out to see what the actual affect of the groove is.

With these hills, I am doing little to no down shifting like I was before on the big hills, so the extra power is very noticeable. And now I can get up to highway speed while I am still on the entrance ramp going uphill.

You were talking about the vac system. I am new to this part of it, so there is a lot to learn. Do you think there is something else to improve the groove's performance? I am willing and interested to try that next step.

Dan Grieve
Ava, MO (moving next month to a flatter place!)

Re: 2011 ford fiesta 1.6 04 Feb 2012 02:35 #6

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dan this is Dan from Mo. I`m glad you came aboard looks like your fiesta is doing great . The fiesta has a electronic vaccum so you can`t do much else but it sounds like you`ve had great success... I`m glad I could do some good. You`re coming into a great family of gadgeteers!!! If you need ANY HELP FEEL FREE TO CALL OR FORUM. These people are super to work with. Just remember Rons, DO the Mods. Talk to you later.

• Page: