Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Smooth running 1995 Ford E150!

Smooth running 1995 Ford E150! 27 Jan 2012 04:16 #1

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Well, another Ford has been grooved. This 1995 Ford E150 has 250,000 miles and I just fininshed doing a head gskt job for a friend. A metal clip had got stuck between the #2 intake valve and the seat - fortunately it did not get into the cylinder.

Anyway, I grooved the double barreled TB and after getting the vehicle started, noticed it ran so smooth you could not tell it was running. I still have vac lines to repair and the pcv to cap off. Unfortunately, no pre-mod numbers, as it was running so poorly on 5 cylinders. I will shortly get temp numbers after I do some vac repairs.

Untill my next Mod!

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Smooth running 1995 Ford E150! 28 Jan 2012 12:14 #2

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Scott, I see this was a little horsepower change( probably understatement).

Please let us know how this goes on mileage.

I have 3 people(skeptics with the same Ford throttle body setup waiting to see one done before they have it done.

Keep up the good work. Aron GadgetmanNebraska

Re: Smooth running 1995 Ford E150! 28 Jan 2012 21:32 #3

• Scott Castleberg
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Aron,

I talked with the owner after he drove it. He made no mention of increased power and I don't know myself how it drove before the engine/mod work. I did replace the plug and gapped them 20% over.

Good to see GadgetmanNebraska doing well. I have considered venturing out on my own for some time, but admit a steady income from my current job and very limited success with the groove prevents me from moving forward. My prayer is always for direction and that the Groove Tour coming to our town might be the turning point locally. I'll pray for you and you pray for me!

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

• Page: