Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2008 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6 - My first groove!

2008 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6 - My first groove! 17 Feb 2012 18:06 #1

• Inspector Gadget
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6 FWD.
Went very well. 2.5 hours, but I took my time, and some of that was talking to the neighbor who came over to see what was going on.

Easy to access TB. 2 clamps on air intake, 4 bolts on TB, one holding a bracket, 2 fuel lines and 1 air hose. It all came out quick.

Throttle by wire, so I used the business card spacer trick. I put vacuum caps over the fuel lines so no shaving would get in there. Easy to cut groove. One little spot where the bit came through the wall, so I patch it with JB Weld Steel Stick – I really like using the putty because it gives me a lot of control in placement of the material, and the color matches the aluminum better. You can see it in the before/after picture at the end of the groove.

PCV hose taken off air intake and capped.
The whole thing reassembled as easily as it came out.

It was my first MOD, so I didn't know exactly what to expect. The car started up right away, so I was relieved. Then we heard the groove whistle and I knew it was a good cut.

We did a test drive. Lots more power for quick acceleration and passing, enough to spin out the front wheels and push you back into the seat. It had never done that before. The customer’s wife didn’t believe us, so as they left he had to show her; they squeaked and revved all the way up the hill. He was very happy and excited with the results.
Fuel economy: 18 city/24 hwy mpg
After Groove: Pending customer feedback, but he can tell already that he went farther on a half a tank then he has before.

Dan Grieve - South Central Missouri

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Inspector Gadget.

2008 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6 - My first groove! 18 Feb 2012 01:45 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sounds like you got it right Dan. Keep up the good work. Newbies don`t be afraid to jump right in, like Dan it will get easier the more you do. Do the mods..........Dan gadgetman MO.

2008 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6 - My first groove! 18 Feb 2012 12:47 #3

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Great job Dan! Thank you for the great pictures, too. Looks like you're on your way to a building a great customer base. Happy customers bring more customers.

• Page: