Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1999 Pathfinder- No fuel gains with 2 codes

1999 Pathfinder- No fuel gains with 2 codes 09 Apr 2012 11:57 #1

• Anytwo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I preformed just the groove 2 weeks ago and had 2 tank fill ups and loss a little gas mileage, I think like 1 mile per gal. Now I just did the 2nd part of the mod, capped off the pcv and re routed the tube that was connected to the pcv! See pic

Now I have 2 codes on my 1999 Nissan Pathfinder

1.) P0325 Knock sensor #1 Malfuntion

2.) P1491 - Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve

Just really dicouraged about this whole Mod, I really don't have the funds to go to a machanic now, please help !!!!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by .

No fuel gains with 2 codes 09 Apr 2012 12:16 #2

• Anytwo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is pic after the mode, I have not yet re fueled so I don't know if this will give me positive gains, will update soon!!!!

Is this Right ???

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

No fuel gains with 2 codes 09 Apr 2012 15:02 #3

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Anthony,

The PCV line looks good, that is where you want it.

The ECU codes may be in response to the increase in vacuum on the manifold

If the engine is running good, I wouldn't be too concerned, you could go through and make sure those sensor connections are intact, clear the codes and see if they return.

Connect your scanner back up and check your fuel trim readings, they will be an indicator of how the ECU is responding to the changes with the Groove.

You'll be looking for 'SHORTFT1%" and "LONGFT1%", these indicate what the ECU is doing with the fuel flow of the engine. Also, "LOAD_PCT%", at idle this number should be fairly low with the Groove.

If your feeling energetic and want to pop the TB off for some pictures to put up here that would be helpful in knowing what you are working with as well.

Welcome aboard,

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

No fuel gains with 2 codes 09 Apr 2012 16:02 #4

• Visitor
  • Visitor
It appears you may have disconnected the wrong thing, amigo!

How about some more close-up shots of the PCV Cap, and the connections for the re-route?

It sounds like you have cot off the IAC and managed to create a vacuum leak extraordinaire!

Re: No fuel gains with 2 codes 01 May 2012 14:17 #5

• Anytwo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ron,,, Please let me know where & when in the Sussex, NJ area you will be next week, I'm about an hour away from there and would like to figure this out. Thank you Anthony

• Page: