Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grooved my new love - 1990 Honda Legend Coupe V6

Grooved my new love - 1990 Honda Legend Coupe V6 18 Apr 2012 13:16 #1

• Accord82
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi again everybody! Before 5 days i decided to do the groove on my second car which i have from 5 months. It is a 1990 Legend Coupe with a 2.7 liter V6 engine and 24 valves. I have dreamed the last 8 years for this car and... you know, if you really want something strong enough, it just happens :woohoo: . So the car has drivetrain and suspension almost dead, but the engine...:evil: . Just take a look guys

Haven`t check for vac leaks yet but i`m shure that there are some, because the tailpipe color changed from brown to almost black. 1liter less for 100km till now and... i dont know how to explain it... about 50% and more better drivebility. It s a 90 degree V6 with variable intake runners. Even when i step on the gas lets say 20% and hold it like this, the engine accelerates more and more with increasing the rpms. UNBELIEVABLE! Same things happend like the old Accord but multiplyed :cheer: .
Just one question: The throttle plate is fully closed and i did the groove on this position. I see now in the forum that theres been found a new way of applying the groove. My question is - is it possible to open the plate within these 22-30 deg and put the groove in this position? Because now i am having a spot with verry rapidly acceleration in the first moment of opening the plate which is verry bad for the broken drivetrain. Thanks to all, till soon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Grooved my new love - 1990 Honda Legend Coupe V6 18 Apr 2012 13:49 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok the answer would be fill groove and open throttle one card thick and cut the groove at that angle as this will help slow down the fast snap some people wont like the snap and some love it. If your in an area of alot of snow and ice I reccomend to card it as this will allow normal take off. If the customer likes quick accel on a cable drive I use the butterfly to control idle make idle air controll very small and that will take care of ac rise on load in the computer. dan gadgetman mo.

Re: Grooved my new love - 1990 Honda Legend Coupe V6 18 Apr 2012 14:57 #3

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
She is a beautiful car! I'm partial to Hondas too.

Dan's idea to card the throttle plate is a good option but it may be more of a delay then necessary. Also consider that when you angle the bit 22 to 30 degrees off perpendicular of airstream you will get a delay on the acceleration kick due to the step that is created by the angle. This delay will probably be adequate without the card.

I suggest you put the card thickness in and mark the TB wall with marker, then remove the card and hold the bit at the angle and see which delay seems best.

Groove on!

Re: Grooved my new love - 1990 Honda Legend Coupe V6 19 Apr 2012 03:54 #4

• Jeff
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Dimitar, sweet car. Had one some years ago, great car. Was watching your video and thought I could see your groove when you accelerated. It looked as though the bottom of the butterfly was lifting towards the camera. The only reason I make mention of it is that if this is the case your groove may be out of position. Probably just an optical delusion on my part.

• Page: