Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mercedes CLK230 Kompressor

Mercedes CLK230 Kompressor 05 May 2012 18:40 #1

• phil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone, ive been approached by a guy who wants his merc grooved.
Its the kompressor (supercharged) model. Has anyone done any supercharged vehicles before and got any experience they wann share?
Thanks, phil.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mercedes CLK230 Kompressor 09 May 2012 13:21 #2

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
First thing is we will need to know the year of the vehicle, Phil.

I have done several super- and turbo-charged engines, and all the owners were delighted in the performance characteristics following the mod. As to the Kompressor in particular, I have to plead ignorance.

Just follow the Three Rules and you'll be all right, every time!

Have a GROOVY day!

Ron

Mercedes CLK230 Kompressor 09 May 2012 13:46 #3

• phil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
its a 2001.
That picture I posted is not the actual car, just something I found online for reference.

Re: Mercedes CLK230 Kompressor 20 May 2012 06:05 #4

• power-center
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello! I've done the same engine. It became faaaaaaaaaaar more powerful!!!!! that engine does have 2 throttles, but you need to cut only the one, placed on the inteke manifold :) Have a great day

Re: Mercedes CLK230 Kompressor 21 May 2012 01:16 #5

• phil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Im not sure this guy is looking for power, hes more concerned with potential mileage gains. Do you have any mileage data? Was the throttle body an easy groove? Any re-routing idle air pathway etc? Any info much appriciated. Thanks Phil.

Re: Mercedes CLK230 Kompressor 21 May 2012 07:26 #6

• power-center
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well, owner of the one i've done was a racer, so he was interested in increasing power. It wasn't hard to groove that throttle body, but metal of which it is made is really strong. I didn't re-route idle air pathway.
I can say that after that car I've done Mercedes Vito 1999 2.3 (no compressor but the engine is the same). Before modification it needed 14 liters / 100 km, and after year passed I met it's owner again to see how was going on, and he said, that in winter, when it snowed the car took not more that 11 liters per 100 km.

So I wish you good luck with that car! Everything will be allright :)

Re: Mercedes CLK230 Kompressor 21 May 2012 11:27 #7

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Way to go, Phil!

You not only reduced his fuel consumption by more than 25%, but cut the pollution by about 90%!

VERY COOL!

Now, you are all doing the paperwork, aren't you? I've gone to great lengths to give you guys everything you need to be successful, but most aren't using the tools! Here's the biggest failure of all...
1) Keep copies of the Welcome to Gadgetman Land! The Gadgetman Groove: The World's Best in Fuel Economy on hand (Under the Welcome to Gadgetman Land! The Gadgetman Groove: The World's Best in Fuel Economy ) and fill one out for every mod you do.
2) Make SURE you have the customer SIGN it, explaining this is all experimental. this helps cut down on refunds dramatically!
3) Take that data one day a week (Sundays might be good) and fill out the Welcome to Gadgetman Land! The Gadgetman Groove: The World's Best in Fuel Economy on the site.

If you are not doing these, you are not only weakening your OWN market, you are weakening the market for your Gadgetman Brothers the world over.

So, KICK IN and get that data recorded! The world depends on you...

Ron

Re: Mercedes CLK230 Kompressor 21 May 2012 21:44 #8

• phil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi ron, I havent done the kompressor yet, those results were from power-center.

• Page: