Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Throttle Plate Shaping

Throttle Plate Shaping 19 Mar 2012 08:49 #1

• rokan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hmmmm??
I shaped my plate on the air incoming into the engine side and not on the engine manifold side as shown in the pic??
Is the contour supposed to be on the inside (engine side) of the butterfly into the manifold?
I thought the contour would be better on the outside as the air passes by it so it would have a smooth contour to go around as it enters the engine as the throttle is opened into the groove??
I'm confused???

Ron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Throttle Plate Shaping 19 Mar 2012 09:28 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ron,

(second attempt at posting this... :) )

Here's my take on the "concept",

If you look at the things that cause air turbulance, etc., the plate edge as-is would actually create a drag point or bubble on the edge forcing the air around the edge and more into the groove.

By taking that edge away, you are correct, it allows for more air to pass freely through the TB. The downside of that is that more air gets past the Groove.

On the other hand, by shaping the underside of the plate, it frees up the "groove modified" air to exit the groove with less interference from the plates trailing edge, such that it is.

As I said, my take on it anyway... :)

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by TacomaKarl.

Throttle Plate Shaping 19 Mar 2012 11:07 #3

• HeathenDM
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So.. Karl, are you saying the third diagram is the best? It seems to me, but you didn't say that right out.

Heathen

Throttle Plate Shaping 19 Mar 2012 17:51 #4

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Heathen,

Yes

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

Re: Throttle Plate Shaping 29 Jun 2012 07:32 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi all in Gadgetmanland! (ya know that sounds like some kind of theme amusement park...) I here want to belatedly thank Karl for posting this set of diagrams on throttle plate shaping, also Ron and anyone else who added to this discussion (it's late can't remember everything right now!) I decided to incorporate this mod whenever possible to every Groove job I do, it just makes sense!;) Thanks and Happy Grooving to all!!:) TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: