Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: VW Throttle grooving

Re: VW Throttle grooving 18 Sep 2012 16:41 #13

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Interesting. Ive got a naighbour whom has a audi and is willing to let me groove it.
probably by the week end.. I will document as mutch as i can and hopfully release my work as a video.
do the mods

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: VW Throttle grooving 19 Sep 2012 01:08 #14

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That's what I like, open-minded people. :)

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

Re: VW Throttle grooving 30 Sep 2012 12:49 #15

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:woohoo:
have now appointment on thersday,
This audi is not so modern its an audi 80 with 4 cillinder 1.8s carburator

He has something interseting mounted on the vaccum lines from carb to pay less tax and limit rpms to 4500

I will do this mod for free. as the idea was to groove audi or vw, any way hes got no money,,
will start a new link,
Doing it in the name of the groove and practice :)
hasta luego

Last edit: by mob. Reason: carb not tbi

Re: VW Throttle grooving 30 Sep 2012 15:44 #16

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It is my position that there is a Spiritual Law of Exchange.
When we apply it correctly, there are certain dynamics set in motion that benefit us all.
If someone needs help, and has no money, then it is my strongest recommendation that you require the client to provide something of value in exchange. Something unique to their talents. This will build their confidence and give you something of value in return.
If you do something for nothing, then you will be perpetuating the Welfare state of mind. Millions of people have their hand out-if not tens of millions-all wanting help, and most needing nothing more than a kick in the pants to get their motor started.
And enacting this law in your life may be all it takes to teach someone something that could change their lives forever!

Re: VW Throttle grooving 07 Oct 2012 14:50 #17

• Maina
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Second attempt;
used the business card and new Groove method again. Only this time did not double up the card. Calculated the angles of the Throttle Plate. 10* normal, 22* with business card inserted. I also beveled the TP.
Results;
Loss of power and idling around 1100 rpm

The first groove attempt using a folded business card set the groove too far away, like .25"
The second attempt I believe it is still too far away from the TP.
What I have found with grooving another flyby wire TB is, when the TP is at rest it is slightly open. Between 6 and 10*. * meaning degrees. At idle the TP is pulled closed. A drop in angle by 1 or 2 degrees. Skip the business card, do mod TP at rest

Third attempt;
a third try will not be permitted without #s. These guys have spent boo coo hours testing air/fuel ratios, injectors, days at CARB,bla bla bla to optimize the output of their engine. They are stuck in the mind set that we are leaning out the engine and that it will burn up. They also believe that the Catalytic converter is there to burn excess Hydrocarbons , and that too much wasted 'fuel' would cause the cat to burn up.
I'm not sure they understand what gasoline {C8H18 (basically)} is. So anyway, going to have to get some numbers, Calculus equations, energy calculations (125k btu/gal gasoline).

Re: VW Throttle grooving 07 Oct 2012 15:12 #18

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Prescott,

One of the hardest things about performing this modification is not (as one would expect) learning the technology, but in learning the customers. Who to serve and who we should wait to take care of.

Some cases cause great deals of anxiety. This occurs most commonly when they are bona fide skeptics and only want to prove the technology to be false. In challenging us, we lose sight of the basics as we attempt to defend it. This is a losing battle in every case, for if you succeed then you may have proven yourself to be right, but you have also proven the customer to be wrong, thereby earning their continued animosity and (in many cases) becoming an enemy.

You cannot force change upon those who do not wish it.

My advice is chalk this one up to experience, restore the TB to stock shape and move on. This case looks to be a severe drain in not only time, but in your energy as well.

As to the issues with this mod, loss of power and idling at 1100, it sounds like there is more to this than is being relayed here. Not that you're hiding anything, more that you don't know what to ask.

Low power can only occur if something isn't in alignment with The Groove. If the vehicle is stock with a factory control system, all should work to our favor. If they have installed electronics to control the fuel delivery system or its sub-systems that affect the fuel delivery, the ECU may be locked in to its current parameters and will not change.

My advice to you at this point is twofold.
1) Call me and we will talk about it.
2) GO find someone driving a domestic vehicle and get some success under your belt and help someone (before you wear out your bits on THIS one!)

Oh, and have a GREAT day!

• Page: