Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2006 Toyota Corolla -first groove!

2006 Toyota Corolla -first groove! 20 Oct 2011 17:08 #1

• GadgetmanCA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
After spending the weekend with Ron in LA, and witnessing about 20 mods (!), doing the grove my self was a breeze. There is nothing lake hands on training. Thank you Ron. The 06 Corolla has a drive by wire throttle ,so, following the instructions I cut the groove 3/8" back from the plate. I knew is right when I first start the engine. I could here the whistle and the rpm was steady but a little high (1500rpm) even after the engine got to 200 F. It dropped to 1100 after a few start/stop cycles, and back to 800 next morning. I learn that newer cars may need a few hot/could cycles to adapt.
Driving experience. This car has 120k+ on the odometer and it was quite sluggish lately. Not any more! The engine runs smoother and the power is unbelievable! The fuel economy tests are not relevant yet because having so much power, I have the tendency to push the pedal to the medal to show everybody what a Corolla can do. (There is nothing wRONg with power! ...but you have to be able to handle it...) So far my trim numbers are up, due to the change in driving habits, but when I calm down, I'll do some milage testing and post the results.
The 98 F150 is next.
Titus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2006 Toyota Corolla -first groove! 21 Oct 2011 16:22 #2

• GadgetmanCA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Correction: the groove back set is actually 3/16! (What was I thinking?!...3/8 is out of the throttle body...)
Sorry guys. I grew up with metric system. After all, nobody's perfect, because "perfect is the enemy of good".

Titus

Re: 2006 Toyota Corolla -first groove! 22 Oct 2011 12:50 #3

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Titus, welcome to Gadgetmanland! It seems like a miracle how such a little Groove can make a HUGE difference. Welcome.

• Page: