Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2005 Toyota Camry 4 cyl- MEDIUM BIT!!!

2005 Toyota Camry 4 cyl- MEDIUM BIT!!! 04 Jul 2013 01:30 #1

• GM Tim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just grooved a 2005 Toyota Camry w the VVT-i 16 Valve 4 cyl DBW Throttle.

I tried to get some input on this but nothing was posted and no service bulletins on it either. I gave Tracy a call and was very helpful talking through how to go at it. THANKS TRACY!!

SO... I first tried to use the large bit cause the casing looked thick enough. Go BIG or go home, right? Had a BLOW OUT in DBW chamber. This is bad cause :S the DBW assembly is riveted on. I filled the hole and re-grooved with the MEDIUM BIT and had no problems. Cleaned her out and put it back together. (Forgot to take pics of the groove- Ugh!)

Ran just fine, waiting to hear back on what the improvements are. I'll post a follow-up later when I hear from him.

FYI- the intake port had a wire net on the low-pressure side of the opening. I did not remove but made me wonder what would happen if it was removed. Any ideas???

Hope this helps

GM Tim

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2005 Toyota Camry 4 cyl- MEDIUM BIT!!! 04 Jul 2013 02:27 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 565
(In my best W.C. Fields voice) Whyy yasss! of course, you are welcome Tim! I am occasionally useful, sometimes even right, just not when I'm speaking w/ others...

Ahem,... Very interesting pics! The screen is obviously a bug-catcher, why else?? Seriously I don't know what it's for. Guess it causes turbulence... Go big or go home, man I Love that! :woohoo:

Funny, I had an intuition 'bout the Med. bit as we spoke today, didn't know why. That big opening in the intake man. that's covered by the solid area of the TB base, interesting, perhaps it's functional on another version of this engine, say for a foreign market. Or they make another version of this one that''s cabled TB w/ an IAC in the TB?? HHHMMM?? That way they could use same intake manifold either way, like you will see wire plugs in a vehicle wire harness that go to nothing, cause an option didn't come on the car.

The little ridge in the TB bore downstream of throttle blade, it's tiny. I would have filed/sanded that back in the Groove area IF it was an issue, but it's so small I doubt it was.

I never did find any pics/videos of this TB and intake to look at today, just the one I described re: PCV/breather hoses, those look like cake.

Well Tim ya got another notch on yer Bit Belt buddy! Keep Shootin!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GM Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: